Iphones Vs Android Vs Windows Phones

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Clorox, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Clorox

Clorox Forum Annihilator
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +64 / 9
    Let the discussion begin.

As someone who has worked with all 3 operating systems I have had a taste of everything.

I had a Iphone 5, Nokia Lumia 735 and currently have a Samsung A5 2016. I personally prefer android because of the vast amount of customisation options. For example, you can get custom launchers that enhance the experience for you. Or an icon pack to change the icons completely. That's just my opinion, what do you think.

Remember to keep the discussion clean, meaning no harassment because a user has a certain phone . Keep it professional and mature

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nebrassy

Nebrassy Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    never owned an Iphone myself, but from using friend's phones and all that, it's such a closed environment that it's a developer's nightmare, with jailbreak giving you basic functionality that android has by default, not everything though.
    Android does have its problems but it's the best option available, it offers so many great things, you can get a linux distro working inside it or even mine bitcoins
    never used windows phone, although I have some memories with windows mobile, it was cool
    also I really miss Symbian

3. daddy kink

daddy kink Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    I just bought a Galaxy S8+ 3 days ago when my S5 crapped out. (I was on vacation in California) and if I already wasn't convinced that android was superior, I am now.
    Before I got my s5 I used a new iPhone 5. Atfter about half a year after buying it, the 6 came out. I didn't have a phone before I got the iPhone 5, so I thought it was the best thing ever. That's why I was a little confused about why my phone was so damn slow all of a sudden, once the 6 launched.
    I googled it, and other people were having my problem, too. Apparently, apple released a software update that slowed down older models. I don't know if this was a side effect of the new iOS, or intentional. About half a year later, I dropped my phone off my bed, which is about 3 feet high, and it completely shattered. The screen practically didn't exist, the home button fell out, and it wouldn't charge. I took it to my local phone repair, and they said it would cost a little over $100 to fix it, so I decided to just get a new phone. I was going to get the iPhone 6, but I eventually decided on a used galaxy s5 for $120 (Almost the same amount to fix the iPhone!)
    When I first booted it up, everything was way different, and confused me. I hated the phone for about a week, then I started to love it.
    The customization options are so damn good. I personally love for everything to be personalized for me, and the countless options and methods that samsung could do made me swear to never buy an iPhone again.
    I used the s5 for about 2 years, then it finally died. (after dropping it hundreds of times, falling into the snow, and intentionally throwing it down 3 flights of stairs because I got mad.) And it never got a crack. The reason it broke was something happened with the battery, and it screwed up all sorts of things in the phone. I was going to fix it, but there was a promotion with the s8+ at the store that I went to that gave me $200 back, and a 30% monthly discount for the first 6 months of payment, so I decided to get it, because the infinity screen looked so damn cool.

The screen.
    The fucking screen.

I could probably fit 2 entire iphone 5s in the screen alone, the colors are perfect, UI is easy, so many customizable options, themes, and even animated lock screens that would either be like a video, or little movements here and there, with hundreds of community made choices, that are sick as fuck. The battery outperforms my mom's iphone 8, and charges in half the time. (Thanks to fast charging) everything about the s8+ is perfect to me, and unlike iPhone which sets on one path to follow, pretty much locking you into apple products, samsung is so flexible and lets you do whatever you want with it, and that's why, (In my opinion) Android/Samsung is much better than apple.

I've never owned a google or windows phone, but they look interesting.

Also, rooting

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    Nokia

5. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    I have 2 cents but Its late and I'm tired and I'll probably forget to reply to this thread

6. Clorox

Clorox Forum Annihilator
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +64 / 9
    Love the S8, amazing phone. Actually its more art than phone lol

7. aaron12034

aaron12034 Sufficiently Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +9 / 2
    i own an iPhone 7+ red and a samsung galaxy s6 i don't have a preference

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice