Discussion the use of words and what they can do

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Just Navlis, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Just Navlis

Just Navlis Face-Meltingly Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 3
    so as a staff me and the others many times get asked "why can you guys not take fun with these words" and i explained this to a regular of ours today and thought id share the discussion with the people on this forums.

Disclaimer: this is simply my point of view if you have a different opinion to this then pls tell me youre thought i am very interested into hearing those.

i have gotten the users premission to post this publicly and he doesnt mind having his name on them.

pls read the file attached to this blog.

cheers

pls read from right to left

- nav

credits to CCrazy for allowing me to use our conversation give him some love in his comments by clicking http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198335240824/ maybe leave a heart or something ;) <3

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Just Navlis, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. Skython

Skython Word-Spattered
    Donator

Ratings:
    +33 / 21
    I'm in agreement with ya, sometimes people don't think of the consequences of words and how they can hurt other people.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

⇋AustinHimself⇌ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    It's common sense not to say these to people who are in the category of a certain race or sexuality. It's offensive and there's no reason why anyone should say it and out right insult them, even as a joke among friends.

4. Big Boned

Big Boned Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Personally, I'm happy to oblige anyone's wishes to not bring certain subjects up or say certain words/phrases in front of them if they provide an adequate reason for me to do so, but the fact that so many people present the desparaging nature of common words or subjects as a given and refuse to back up their claims not only makes me lose respect for them and value their opinon less, but also doesn't convince me to follow their wishes. Thoughts?

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice