Suggestion Declined Suggestion: A idea when the server is

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Reggie, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    Please describe your suggestion or bug report
    Recently, the server had 31/32 people andIi am not a donor. When I was finally able to join the server, I saw that the enemy team had 2 gibus snipers not trading what so ever. I was very frustrated about the fact that there were at least 2 people not trading on the server and me not being able to join the server. I wanted to buy cosmetics for discounted prices in order to make profit or use them myself. This is my suggestion. Mod or Admins should have the ability to kick players if they are not trading when the server has at least 30 people. This would allow traders who are not donors to join the server and trade instead of a free to play not trading and taking up a slot on the server.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Machigai

Machigai Sleeping Is Bliss

Ratings:
    +74 / 5
    but it's a trade and idle server, they don't have to be trading to be on there
    Also you could just be patient and wait for someone to get off the server till you can get on

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lunaa

Lunaa Teddy Bear with a gun
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +110 / 13
    Clarification Time! Harpoon Gamings All-Trade servers, atleast number 2 and 3, Are for idling and trading. And just because someone is wearing a gibus, does not mean they arnt trading. people also dont just come on the servers just to trade, everyone there are friends usually, the donators, the staff, regulars and all. And they come to play. Yes, it is frustrating when u cant get in the server cause it is full. But there is no reason we should be kicking people from the server based on hats/ if they are trading or not.

• Like Like x 2
  4. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Indeed, lately I have seen too many people on the All-Trade servers who don't actually trade but instead fill up the server while playing as snipers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    i r
    I respect idlers. they do what the server was mean to and that is idle. but these snipers that don't trade, I have no respect for them. They ruin many people's fun experience by going full tryhard mode and headshots any individual that comes to their crosshair. I am a very patient man. I can wait for 15 minutes or 30 minutes. But one time, I had to wait a full hour. I had to wait 1 hour 30 minutes. I've been waiting to join the server because I'm not a donor. Because of this, I start to lose my patience. Remember that Harpoon is a very big community. There will be many people on the server. This suggestion will be a good way to clean up people that are not trading or idling. This allows more people to trade or idle on the server instead of fewer people trading just because of people that only snipe on the second floor. This will also eliminate any tryhard sniper that kills everyone in sight and ruin people's fun by the conga line or having a hoovy sandvich party. If these people are removed, people could have fun again. People could finally spam "put dispenser here" while eating sandviches with peace and quiet instead of always being killed because of a tryhard sniper. Well, if you read my mini rant, I'm sorry for using your time and have a nice day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    There's not an easy way to filter out exactly who falls under that criteria, so it's not something we could easily act upon. I get why you can be frustrated at tryhard snipers but honestly it shouldn't be something that worries you so much. Yes the server gets filled up to capacity the majority of the time but even so the server is for everyne. Sometimes all you can do is wait your turn, whether that be an hour or 5 days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. ♠ Jerry ♠

♠ Jerry ♠ Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 3
    Your suggestion is decent, but as Sugoni said, they have no way to filter. Everybody needs to wait their turn, and you will get in eventually. There are also 2 other trading servers you can join in the meantime.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    @Reggie

The Harpoon servers have always been known for being a high-quality. safe and fun trading server, and with it, full servers. Apart from Harpoon being an all trade server, it's an idle server, so if we were to start kicking people who are idle, that would contradict what we advertise on our server. Furthermore, reserved slots (which donators and staff have) are always on, so one of the best ways to get on a full server is being donator and connecting to it. Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortuntely, it's a no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice