Full Disclosure

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Big Boned, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Big Boned

Big Boned Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I'll keep this short and sweet. I am, in fact, 13 years of age. For the past year or so on Harpoon, I've said I was 19. This has been one of the worst decisions I have made. I started this lie because I believed that I wouldn't be treated as an equal if I told people how young I really was. After almost 2 years playing on Harpoon servers and interacting with all of the members of the great community here, I feel like I would've been treated as an equal even if I hadn't started this lie. But now, after this big mistake, I wouldn't blame any of you if you no longer treat me as an equal or if you no longer believe a word i say. I made a huge mistake and I thoroughly regret it. I am sorry for deceiving all of you. An even bigger sorry to Eoj Charlie and Clutch as I have lied directly to their face, which I am just plain ashamed to have done.​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Clutch

Clutch Wicked Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +75 / 4
    Bro age doesn't matter but maturity does. You being 13 is not a big deal but you could of been honest about that. Most people would of still accepted you whether being 19 or 13
    @Big Boned

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    I think you being honest and making this post says more about you than what we thought your age was. Age is a number but character is something different.

4. Lauren

Lauren Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +10 / 1
    Age doesn't mean anything. Being sensible in mindset itself is the main thingy which count.

5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Doesn't matter to me. I care about who people are, not their age. But I'm grateful you felt comfortable in telling us the truth.

6. Clorox

Clorox Forum Annihilator
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +64 / 9
    I mean, i don't care about age. If you are 19 or 13 and you are a really bad guy, I would treat you the same. Equally the same if you are a good guy. So just be yourself and you'll be fine :p

7. Dr.Pengu

Dr.Pengu Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I have to agree with pretty much everyone else in this discussion. Maturity is a bigger thing then age is. You could have a 19 year old who is less mature then a 13 year old.

8. Yarally3

Yarally3 Somewhat Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Age doesn't really matter, just be respectful to eachother and everything should be okay :p

9. Newt

Newt "Great we're all bloody inspired."
    Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 2
    I was hired when I was thirteen haha that's one of the best parts about this community was the respect that was given no matter what.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice