so i need talk

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by irondeathstroke, Nov 17, 2016.

1. irondeathstroke

irondeathstroke Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hey all,irondeathstroke here,and i might not be as active as i usually am,seeing as a family member has passed away,and i need someone to talk to,and i thought i could talk to you guys.so just a warning,about that...i just need help,and i hope i can rely on you guys to talk to.
    SIncerely,
    Irondeathstroke

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout Violent Crime Analyst
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    Hey Iron,

I'm very sorry to hear that. Having a family member pass away has got to be one of the toughest moments to go through in life. I've never personally experienced this, but I know I will one day. And it's scary knowing that everyone has got to go one day, including myself, and that truly does suck, but we have to accept that. Before I continue, you need to actually accept the fact that someone you know and love has just passed away. This is important. Accept your feelings. Knowing the fact that they are never coming back is really sad (I've spoken to others who've experienced this, just talking to them about it is heart breaking). It's going to be tough, but I know you'll get through it someday. Not today, not tomorrow, but you'll move on.

Don't try to forget them in order to get better. Seriously. Preserve their memories. Think about the places that you have went to with them, did things with them, and so on. Remembering our lost loved ones is how we can learn to live without them. Don't dwell on this for the rest of your life, they wouldn't want to see you like this. Remembering the good times is the best way. Cliche? It's true. You will always have memories, death won't take that away from you. “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” ----- I always keep this quote in mind, by Dr. Seuss. It means that you shouldn't be upset because something is over, but should be happy because it happened in the first place. In your case, be happy that you had them in your life for quite some time, don't be upset forever because it's over.

Honestly, I don't know what to say to sad posts like yours right here. The above posts, you were probably expecting something more and not "it'll get better" (I know its not the best thing to say to someone that is going through a tough time :() and I apologize. I can't imagine how rough it can be. I don't know how you feel, "sad" is too simple. I really am sorry to hear this, and I know i'm not the best to talk to about things like this, just know I care. I'm here to talk to, i'm always here on the forum! So if you have anything else to say, i'm listening. And always will be pal . . . keep in touch

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. irondeathstroke

irondeathstroke Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks man,you really made me happy.:)

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice