7 Day CS:GO Ban. PLEASE READ.

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Microline, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Microline

Microline Your Regular Skype Technician

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    So, I disconnected from CS:GO because of Windows 10 shittiest updates that don't do anything, but my question is "Why did I get banned even though I reconnected before getting the 7 Day Cooldown prompt?" Any suggestions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sargent

Sargent RoboActive
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 7
    Are you sure you connected before the ban's timer concluded?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    I've connected just in time to see myself get banned in the chat......... Gaben shows no mercy to those he bans.

4. Katpolice

Katpolice Face-Meltingly Active

Ratings:
    +30 / 4
    For starters, have you got any cooldowns before this "7 day cooldown" of yours?

5. Lunaa

Lunaa Teddy Bear with a gun
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +110 / 13
    Your first problem - Your playing csgo.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Super Approved Super Approved x 1
    • Taser Approved Taser Approved x 1
  6. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    CS:GO isn't that bad. I regret having 7 hours playtime in it. After every round I lose I rage quit :p

7. Lunaa

Lunaa Teddy Bear with a gun
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +110 / 13
    its not a bad game, dont get me wrong. But the rank system, and the community is just utter bullshit. I won, 7 games, tied the 8th, and deranked. The game is Good, but the community and devs are not.

8. Katpolice

Ratings:
    +30 / 4
    The rank system is screwed up. Every game that you lose you derank. (most, of the time) I somehow deranked from mg1 to SEM. I cried everything ;-;

#8 Katpolice, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  9. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    You know you suck when you derank from Silver 2 to Silver 1

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    They recently changed the average rank from MG1 to some Nova rank, which is why you deranked so fast. I personally deranked from DMG to MG2 in 2 games where I top-scored.

11. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Yes, I did. I clearly hit the reconnect button and even asked my teammates if I got a ban, but they said no.

12. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Yeah twice. I know the punishment of all of the bans blah blah blah. I knew I was going to get 7 day if I didn't reconnect, but I did. So that's what I call B.S.

Tbh. I like the new Ranking system. We don't have much Global Elites and ranking up is quite a challenge now. So I highly advise you to find some friends to play with and don't play solo. Unfortunately, I don't have friends ;-;

13. Agniratha

Agniratha Time to tip the scales!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +415 / 37
    It's cause you don't have skills like this

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Katpolice

Ratings:
    +30 / 4
    Unfortunately, I went from mg1 to Sliver eitle.

I'm officially, done with Csgo. ;-;

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TheSmile

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    I wanted to buy a Smurf account but the silver's are all probably gods at the game now due to the mixed ranks

16. Brunerth

Brunerth Hippie
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +200 / 21
    CS is bad. Dirty Bomb is way better AND free. Play Dirty Bomb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TheSmile

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Csgo runs on my computer, dirty bomb does not :smuggrin:

18. Levi Heichou

Levi Heichou Unwavering

Ratings:
    +20 / 3
    I have had something similar happen to me before back before I built my new PC I used to play on a laptop that would lose wifi randomly and only way to get it back was to restart. The computer was really slow and 9 times out of 10 I would just straight up be too late to even reconnect. However sometimes I would join fast enough and play the rest of the match but afterwards see I still received a ban. It seems the countdown doesn't stop until after you are physically in server and not on the loading screen to connect. So most likely what happened is the timer ended as you were on the loading screen to reconnect to the server and since you were part way with connecting you still connected but the timer still ended it sucks man I know. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice