Escrow Sucks ASS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Purplemonkeyfan, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Purplemonkeyfan

Purplemonkeyfan Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 4
    So I know how i have been posting a bunch of stuff saying how to not freak out about escrow, well today it went live and I was wrong. Ever since it went live, I have not been able to make a single trade where my items didn't have to go on hold. Then i started realizing that it said , in an orange pop up window at the top of each trade , that I had not had it enabled for more then a week. I knew something was wrong because I had enabled it the week before Thanksgiving, which is clearly more then a week. Then I started asking my friends and they told me they were all having the same problem. I have no idea what to do anymore. Its basically forcing me to quit trading and I won't even be able to cash out because no one wants to wait the 3 days...

Figured it out..apparently I had to have my "email confirmations" enabled on my profile, which makes absolutely no sense. Oh well now i have to wait a week thanks valve..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Purplemonkeyfan, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  2. Party Lux

Party Lux Positively Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +67 / 7
    I had app for 7 days but I had email confirmation off. now i have to wait 7 FUCKING days Because I thought everything was fine.

Edit I just had to turn trade notifications back on I'm good now. but still escrow is fucking up alot of people

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Party Lux, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  3. Sargent

Sargent RoboActive
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 7
    the title of OP pretty much sums up all of Valve's decisions.

4. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Yet they still don't make new weapons with stats

5. DRagon

DRagon Phenomenal
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +104 / 7
    "Escrow sucks ASS"...
    Well I guess that's one way of saying it, lol.

6. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    It doesn't. It works fine for me, and plenty of other people. Valve put out a feature that so many wanted, and helps people avoid being scammed.

It may offer a temporary inconvenience, but I'll take that for long term security. A week for the better protection of your items and your account is surely worth it, is it not? Things in life don't always happen instantly, and often times, the best things take a long time.

So get some patience, and wait. If you wanted to avoid the 7 day period, you should have actually read the information provided, where it specifies things about the plan itself (and you'd see this).

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Some Porcupine

Some Porcupine Rage-Inducing Activity
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +209 / 30
    Honestly I like the Escrow better. I don't get my email spammed with Steam emails and I can accept trades about 100% quicker. If you fucked it up on your phone that's your fault, not valves.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Face-Meltingly Active

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    Exactly, as said above. It's working well for me, the concept is good, the intention is good. Make a mistake not reading your account page, that's on you.

9. Purplemonkeyfan

Ratings:
    +2 / 4
    f
    first off, you could turn email OFF, so your fault that your email was being spammed with steam emails, secondly, why on earth would anyone think that they need to turn EMAIL CONFIRMATION on in order to use the MOBILEEEEE authenticator. doesnt make any sense at all.

10. Purplemonkeyfan

Ratings:
    +2 / 4
    im going to laugh when valve kills off trading, and they have even admitted to that thought of killing trading completely by removing it from the game. So obviously this was just something made by valve to fuck traders over so people buy more from the market.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Face-Meltingly Active

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    Really? I haven't heard any, if even one, high-profile trader complain. It's not exactly hard to grab a code from your phone, which, most in the first-world own.

12. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You think that Valve is going to completely kill off something that makes them millions of dollars? And where has this admission been made?

13. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    Proof please. I want to see where they admitted this.

14. Purplemonkeyfan

Ratings:
    +2 / 4
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/19618/

"One option proposed was to simply remove trading. The Steam Market already accounted for the vast majority of virtual goods exchanged by Steam users. We even generate revenue off those transactions, which helps cover the cost of fraud, unlike person-to-person trades. And removing trading was by far the easiest solution to implement. But we felt that was a bad choice for users. Another easy choice would have been to require two-factor authentication for trading, but that's bad for the same reasons as removing it entirely. It's important that you can give a friend a TF2 weapon when he comes to try out the game, or give a friend the last trading card she needs to craft a game badge."

15. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    All they said it was an option, to say that they are actually going to do it runs in opposition to the text itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. kaiegggy

kaiegggy Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    i do agree, but i gotta admit not getting scammed is way better that actually getting scammed.

17. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brunerth

Brunerth Hippie
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +200 / 21
    ESCROW is a tactic deployed by Valve to try and reduce phishing/hacking/scamming. If you feel that it doesn't work, quit trading. You and about 5% of people who don't have neither phones nor patience will surely make a massive impact on Valve's money intake. People who don't have phones and actually care about tf2 trading are sucking it up and moving on with it. If you don't like it, quit and stop complaining. You can sit there and whine and cry all day long and Valve will ignore you because the majority of people (by a lot) are actually happy with this update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice