Spectacularly Smashing Clash of Clans Thread

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Tillman, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Tillman

Tillman Friendly Neighborhood Sloth
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +33 / 5
    Welcome to the new Clash of Clans Thread! This is where we will discuss all things Clash of Clans.
    For instance:
    • Upcoming Wars and the dates thereof
    • Tips on how to attack
    • How to recruit more members
    • Why not to use balloons
    • Why we hate Dinkleberg :rage:
    • Etc.
    In the way of announcements, @TheSmile and I have decided that we will have another war next week. Possibly the same day as the last one. (Preparation Day will be on Friday, and the War will be on Saturday)

We would like to thank all who participated in the last war. (@Eoj Charlie, @Solid Slate, @festeringMongoose, @Milk, @TheSmile, @Some Porcupine )
    Thank you for proving that if we all participate, we can accomplish something.

We sincerely urge anyone and everyone to join. @Are You Sure and @Rokstar55, that means you.

Please refer to this thread and do not hesitate to comment if you have a suggestion or question concerning the Clan.
    - Your Friendly Neighborhood Sloth, Tillman

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Tillman, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Some Porcupine

Some Porcupine Rage-Inducing Activity
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +209 / 30
    Tips on attacking:
    While attacking, there are two forms of attacking that are the best.
    These 2 forms are:
    • Dragons with Balloons
    • Hogs with Dragons
    These two forms are the best and normally guarantee at least 2 stars. You may be wondering, how does someone decide which tactic to use?
    • Form one is used when they have a lot of spaces in their base for big bombs, and those will instantly wipe hogs with a burning passion. They will get blown up and you will get a maximum of 2 stars, if your lucky.
    • Form two is used for when their base is in neat squares. By this I mean that there are no gaps and their entire base is basically one big square. This allows hogs to kill everything without blowing up, and should guarantee 3 stars.
    So why might you prefer one form over the other?
    • Form two is a lot quicker. If your hogs wipe up at least 80% of the defenses, the dragons should be able to get the last ones.
    • Form one is a lot slower, as dragons and balloons both move fairly slowly.
    • If you only have level one hogs, they aren't really worth anything. They can't survive a single big bomb. A level 2 hog can survive the lower leveled big bombs.
    • Although quicker, form two could end catastrophically if the hogs are bombed before most air defenses are destroyed.
    If you don't have hogs, form one should still work. If you do not have dragons:
    • Utilize those wall breakers! They will do a lot more than you would think. While utilizing them, make sure you do not make like 50 of them, as that is WAY too much. Make sure you still have unit to take over the base!

Edit:
    NOT THE KOALA'S!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Some Porcupine, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. cnpjphillypwn

cnpjphillypwn Forum-Clearing
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +111 / 9
    Hi, I'd love to join the clan. I have nowhere near the required amount of trophies (834) and I rarely attack, but I have a town hall level 8, a barbarian king, and some other stuff. I also have another account that I don't go on too much, but it's town hall level 9. My main (Town hall level 8) is cnpjphilly and my alt is cnpjphillypwn (Town Hall Level 9).

4. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Feel free to join! And I'll get a Co leader to change the trophy amount required.

5. cnpjphillypwn

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +111 / 9
    I still can't join, as the amount of trophies has not changed and it is an invite only clan, so if a co-leader could change those options that would be helpful.

6. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    I can't do much about it, one being I'm away on a trip and the wifi here is too crappy to run Cladh of Clans, and two, I'm not Co

7. cnpjphillypwn

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +111 / 9
    Yeah I understand, it's fine if I'm not able to join, as I'm pretty independent anyway.

8. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7

Don't use this TH8 farming base, as it is very popular. I've seen at least 9 videos on the same exact base being built, and I've ran into at least 3 different players using this base.
    You can also 3 star it with a GoWiPe attack, I learned that the hard way... I lost 200,000+ gold fml...

9. darkosshear

darkosshear Professional Chewbacca/Napoleon Dynamite

Ratings:
    +168 / 8
    Hey Milk, add cjnphillypwn and make me an elder pls. :)

10. lemonliquer

lemonliquer THAT GUY THAT EATS LEMONS
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +59 / 13
    dont make dark an elder hes not active enoff and dos not talk in chat

11. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    Mmk.
    @lemonliquer We have a lot of elders that are not active, wouldn't really make a difference if darkosshear was on there.

12. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    @cnpjphillypwn The trophy count is at zero, join quickly. I'm gonna have to reset it back to 2000.
    Also,

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. ShockWavez

ShockWavez That Guy No One Likes
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +21 / 2
    Thanks moo I'll use this next time I am upgrading.

14. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Global chat is a wonderful thing... Screenshot_2015-07-18-21-06-33.png Screenshot_2015-07-18-20-51-09.png Screenshot_2015-07-18-21-09-06.png Screenshot_2015-07-18-21-26-50.png Screenshot_2015-07-19-16-17-52.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Root

Root Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice, haha!

16. ShockWavez

ShockWavez That Guy No One Likes
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +21 / 2
    We don't have many active people on this anymore :(

17. TheSmile

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Pretty much just us

18. JamesKel

JamesKel Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have a group in COC. It's too much popular and active. :)

19. TheSmile

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Well our group is unpopulated and very inactive

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. darkosshear

darkosshear Professional Chewbacca/Napoleon Dynamite

Ratings:
    +168 / 8
    Aight I vote we do a big recruitment thing! We need more people.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice