Do you use Logitech brand? if so what do you think of them?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by hunternental, Mar 2, 2015.

1. hunternental

hunternental Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    I use a Logitech backlit keyboard and a mouse, gonna order a pair of logitech G930 headphones. Anyone else you them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Obama gon feed my chalt

Obama gon feed my chalt Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Their keyboards and mouses are nice but their headsets, especially the cheap ones break very easily and are made of cheap plastic. They get the job done and are considerably decent, especially $100 and up in price range, but I would much rather invest in more reliable brands like Razer or something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hunternental

hunternental Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    I've read some good and b ad reviews of both.. i wanted to get Razer, but 1. budgeting, 2, still budgeting. expensive shit right there.

4. Some Porcupine

Some Porcupine Rage-Inducing Activity
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +209 / 30
    WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. YOU HAVE BROUGHT THE WRATH OF EOJESUSISM UPON THYSELF. PREPARE FOR IMPACT.

@Eoj Charlie

5. Microline

Microline Your Regular Skype Technician

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    I got a wireless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse. Both run very well.

6. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I use a Logitech Keyboard, mouse, headset, webcam and I recommend their brand to everyone I know. They have great support, they care and their product is always getting better, especially their gaming line.

As to the accusation of cheap plastic for their budget headsets, yes for their budget like 15 dollar headsets they use run of the mill plastic which isn't as durable as, you know, metal or high quality synthetics but considering the while point of those headsets is to be cheap, that makes sense. The quality of sound and mics is good and if you don't throw around the headset, it doesn't break.

Their new high end gaming is awesome. I've been using it for years now and it truly stands up to my usage. Obviously their non gaming peripherals aren't going to be as good for gamers as they're made for standard work use, but still are great products in their own right.

The assertion that Razer should be invested in is laughable at best. Razer is over priced, not as effective, their support and delivery processes aren't as good, their software is a mess and ultimately, you're paying more for the brand than anything else.

It's much like buying an AlienWare, it may be the "computer of the gamer" but it's got shit specs for the price and you pay more for the advertising budget than the computer itself.

If I'm going to buy a peripheral I'm always going to look at Logitech. There are a few other companies for possible products, especially in the mechanical keyboard market. But that's another story.

7. Brunerth

Brunerth Hippie
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +200 / 21
    Kinda like Beats...

8. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Beats recently got purchased by Apple (I believe, you can double check, I know they were recently purchased by a large company). And as such the newest Beats aren't awful quality, build and sound wise, HOWEVER, they are still far overpriced.

But yes, you're correct, I think with brands like AlienWare, Beats by Dre, Razer and etc, you pay more for name/brand and advertising budget than you should be for the product itself.

9. Drex

Drex Not so active comrade
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +55 / 1
    I own a pair of the G35's and i highly recommend them, they are a great buy for the price. The one thing i might warn you about G930's @hunternental is that the mic quality is severely hindered by the wireless functionality*, atleast thats what i have heard. When buying computer peripherals i always spring for the wired version, as the wireless versions can have slighty longer response times and i dislike that.

*feel free to respond correcting me if you own a pair and feel as if the mic quality is up to standard.

10. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I own a G930 and a G35, the G930's mic quality and sound quality are fine. Many in mumble will remember when I changed, it was barely a difference.

I will say this, the G930 has the disadvantage of using 2.4 GHz broadband frequency band (@Bottswana can yell at me if I said that wrong), and while I don't have any complaints with it specifically (2.4 GHz in the standard, so that's not something Logitech is specifically at fault for.), if you live in a highly population dense area or area which has a lot of wireless frequencies, I'd opt for a wired version.

In my house, I was fine with the G930, however, when I had an apartment in the city, the G930 would sometimes lose connection. It's a great headset and gives you mobility and sets you free from wires, but keep in mind with that mobility, you lose some stability.

Also, as a G35 user, I can vouch for them also.

#10 Jin&Tonic, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
  11. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    I use a Logitech wireless mouse, it saves a lot of battery, and to be honest, I only have to refill my batteries about once a year. I enjoy using Logitech.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bottswana

Bottswana And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Staff Member Co-Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +193 / 6
    Fixed your post ;)

Yeah, using the 2.4g band isn't necessarily a bad thing, just remember that most commercial and Residential WiFi is also in this frequency band so in areas with a lot of WiFi you're going to get cross chatter if there isn't much air space left. 2.4 is great for signal penetration though, meaning the signal will go far and transmits nicely through walls, which is an issue I have with my Steelseries wireless set.

13. Subliminal

Subliminal Mildly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice