Archived Suggestion: donor settings save

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by pootaro, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pootaro

pootaro Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    Please describe your suggestion or bug report
    when i was a donor every time that i die in-game or leave the game it would almost reset or remove the settings and i want the setting to be saved. idk if this is a bug or something but i would really appreciate if you make the settings saved for when you visit again or respawn don`t really know if this happened to all donors but please fix this yours truly pootaro.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I'm a little confused, what settings are you referring to? As in like infinite jump on scout or something?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pootaro

pootaro Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    as example say that you put a donor setting turned on then you die in-game or leave the game and it will reset, remove or turn off that setting which made me tired of putting that setting on over and over again. is that what you are explaining? (i feel a little dumb)

4. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    I think what he means is for example if you resize yourself to tiny and you die then you respawn with the default size and have to manually resize yourself again.

5. pootaro

pootaro Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    yes thats what i mean

6. pootaro

pootaro Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    and its also buggy this tread should of been a bug report

7. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Oh this is actually an intended behavior. And I don't mean like a "not a bug, it's a feature". I believe this is still the case, I haven't looked it up in a while but when TF2 used to handle resizing, it would resize your hitbox. But upon death, your size would remain the same, but the hitbox would return to the size of a normal player, regardless of what size you were. We tried to get the problem fixed, but it remained so for months, so we made the plugin not keep you the same size on death.

I can look into whether the hitbox issue still occurs, but that's the reason it happens/happened.

8. pootaro

pootaro Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    oh i see

9. pootaro

pootaro Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    well you can close it now if you want

10. pootaro

pootaro Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    or we can talk more

11. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I'll look into whether the issue has been fixed on Valve's end, if it has, we can implement it.

12. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    This has not been fixed on Valve's end as far as I can see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice