Share your PC specs

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ThreeCalories, Nov 17, 2013.

1. jacobhd404040

jacobhd404040 Forum-Clearing
    Staff Member Advisor

Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    CPU: Intel Core i5-8600 3.10GHz 6-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED
    Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-A ATX LGA-1151
    Memory: Team Vulcan 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000
    Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" SSD
    Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
    Video Card: ASUS Repulic of Gamers Strix Geforce GTX 1070 TI Advanced Edition
    Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNova G3 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
    Monitor: Sceptre 27" Curved 75 Hz LED monitor

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Drex

Drex Not so active comrade
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +55 / 1
    Great build, the only thing you seem to be lacking is a great monitor, you should check out some monitors (when they go on sale) and try to upgrade to a 1440p 120 Hz (maybe even get g-sync, if you can find a good deal on a monitor that includes it). I can't speak to g-syncs value as I don't have it, but 1440p and 120 Hz made my gaming experience significantly better.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jacobhd404040

jacobhd404040 Forum-Clearing
    Staff Member Advisor

Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    I have been looking to upgrade my monitor. Thanks for the specific suggestions.

• Love Love x 1
  4. Jyn

Jyn Notably Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +34 / 9
    For a monitor on 75hz standard I'm assuming your using display port which probably means you could over clock it to get 100hz or maybe more. I'm running my cheapy 1080p 60hz on 80hz and it's still holding up perfectly

5. jamesparkhurst

jamesparkhurst Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I havent completed my setup yet. I had to put it on hold because of the pandemic. I actually found this thread very helpful because it gave me ideas on what to buy so I dont waste my money on useless and old rigs. I also found this website useful. It has tons of information on anything gaming related. I bought a few gears based on their review.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice