Backburner Suggestion: More features for VIP

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Aquaa, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquaa

Aquaa Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    Please describe your suggestion or bug report
    Hello,

I'm making this suggestion because I believe there should be more interesting features for donators. Currently, there's a few fun features like the jetpack, resizing yourself, becoming a robot, and unlimited charging; however I feel like the only thing that made me want to buy VIP was so that I can have a different chat color and it would stand out from the rest potentially getting more trades or offers. I think there should be some more creative features for donors so the rank can be a little more then just a different color chat and a few fun features. Why not add custom player models for every class? Maybe buffing more weapons like the spys cloak tool to make it unlimited (Especially fun for the dead ringer). The biggest pro of this suggestion would be that the server would potentially get alot more donations because there would be a lot more features to look forward to. Cons? maybe the time implementing them or finding the right add-ons, some might make the fps a little lower.

Regards,
    Aquaa

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    I mean the whole point of donor isn't paying to get a bunch of in game stuff. You donate because you want to help the server which is great! and in return for helping we give you access to some fun little bonuses. Obviously we have to be careful what we add because we don;t want to ruin the fun for everyone. Custom player models would make the download times much longer and adding unlimited cloak would just make spy too annoying to play against in my personal opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Aquaa

Aquaa Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    Right but my whole point is that there should be more features so the server can attract a larger population of first time donators and return donators. Doesn't have to be unlimited cloak, was just brainstorming an idea but doesn't it get annoying to play against demos with unlimited charge aswell?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice