Discussion [MAJOR SPOILERS] The Walking Dead - Season 8 Mid-season Finale

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Nimajin, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hey everyone,

If you follow and watch The Walking Dead, chances are that you've seen the ending to the Season 8 Mid-season finale.

What are you guys' thoughts on Carl being killed off/fired from the show?

I personally find it really annoying that they've been following the comics relatively close and then just suddenly decide to kill off a major charachter like that. Every single show I know that stopped following the source material, has been bad after it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    They fired the actor who plays Carl because he refused to sign a multi-year contract, I heard.

Season 8 has been rather disappointing in my opinion anyways.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    I my opinion, season 8 had some really nice moments. At times it might've been a bit repetitive, but I enjoyed it overall.

Regarding Carl's actor getting fired; I've seen things that suggest both that he wanted to go to college and whatnot, but at the same time there was a Facebook post from the actor's father saying: "Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next 3 years was disappointing. I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him. But we do absolutely know how lucky we have been to be a part of it all and appreciate all the love from fans all these years" which heavily suggests that the actor wanted to stay with the show.

All in all, I just have really bad experiences with shows sidetracking from the sourcematerial. I hope that The Walking Dead stays good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Aquaa

Aquaa Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    IMO walking dead just wasn't interesting after season 3, but I find it funny how everyone was genuinely sad that he died so there's that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    I'd have to say that I feel the exact opposite way, I feel like it was going really slow up until around season 3-4 and has only been getting better since then, with the introductions of a lot new characters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. THATBRIGHTLINK

THATBRIGHTLINK Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 2
    yea I think that season 8 was trash though. You know what would make it better? If Nimajin looked at my frickin' conversations!

• Disapprove Disapprove x 1
  7. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Can you please not go off topic to try and promote your declined appeal. I've replied to your PMs multiple times now, the ones I haven't gotten around to replying to are just repititions of the previous PMs.

Please don't post about your SteamRep ban any further in off-topic threads.

8. THATBRIGHTLINK

THATBRIGHTLINK Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 2
    Do you not see me wanting to talk to you thats all I want to do If I have to fly all the way out to Copenhagen I will

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice