RGB Everything

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ⇋AustinHimself⇌, Jul 6, 2017.

1. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

⇋AustinHimself⇌ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Just asking a quick question regarding RGB peripherals for my current desk setup. Looking for a nicely lit RGB mouse, keyboard, and for a way to daisy chain some LED's behind my monitors for a really nice backlit effect on the wall. My price range is $500-$600. Not super interested in razor products, but I can always consider a recommendation. Thanks guys!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Clorox

Clorox Forum Annihilator
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +64 / 9
    Go corsair brother!

Corsair k95 RGB
    Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Corsair MM800 Polaris CLOTH EDITION RGB
    Corsair Void RGB Wireless 7.1 headset

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    For the RGB lighting, Asus has some software to pink case RGB with certain peripherals which I can't remember the name of (might be aura sync) but you could have RGB lighting strips leading out the back of your case which would be able to link with that. Google it and find what RGB peripherals are compatible. All I know is it's not currently compatible with Corsair products.

4. Nova

Nova Spectacularly Active

Ratings:
    +23 / 3
    Razer Firefly mousemat? Yes, a mouse mat with RGB lighting

5. Agniratha

Agniratha Time to tip the scales!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +415 / 37
    Look around your local area for 2nd hand stuff, I got my Blackwidow Chroma for only £50 from Factory Price of around £150.
    If you can do something like that, I'd recommend it, I've been using mine for ages now and feels dead comfortable with good colour response

6. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    My god, Corsair never seems to disappoint me. Just about everything they make is beautiful and efficient.

7. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    I always tend to keep an eye out for local sellers via craigslist and Facebook, but unfortunately all I've seen are old desktops and outdated laptops.

8. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    It's really pleasing to the eye, but would I really want to spend $50 for a mouse pad? Lol I'll have to give that some extensive thought.

9. Nova

Ratings:
    +23 / 3
    Though i do not have anything from Corsair. My current setup looks like this:
    Mad Catz R.A.T 7 Mouse
    Razer Deathstalker Keyboard
    Logitech G933 RGB Headset
    Razer Goliathus Mousepad
    Ikea Laptop Stand
    And I'm playing on a Toshiba Portégé laptop, which actually runs pretty nice.

10. Nova

Ratings:
    +23 / 3
    Just 50? It used to cost €80 around here, which should be around $95

11. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    I actually have my case lined with the NZXT Hue+ and it makes a really amazing, vibrant glow. I could always buy some extra LED strips and chain them out the back of the case to align the back of my desk/monitors. But at the same time, I'll have to figure out a way to do so without making it look ugly. Decisions, decisions.

12. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    I'm running 64gb of Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM and keeping my CPU cool with the Corsair Hydro H110i liquid cooler.

13. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Maybe they lowered the price when they realized that not to many people want to spend nearly $100 for a mouse pad lol.

14. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    Remove one of your PCI covers at the back of your case and lead cables out there

15. Nova

Ratings:
    +23 / 3
    I'm running 6 gb cheap ram with a fan thats almost broken

16. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Yikes. Sound like you're in for an upgrade, my friend.

17. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Pretty smart idea. Thanks!

18. Nova

Ratings:
    +23 / 3
    I have been envious of the people that bought an Alienware Area 51. I've been wanting that thing for a while, but €2500 is a bit above my budget for just a desktop.

19. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    If you're able to, set aside a little every paycheck and as it builds up over time you can get the computer you've sought after. That's what I did.

20. Princess Fox

Princess Fox Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    my recommendation is corsair all the way. Love their products and have never had a problem with em

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice