The best graphics card for the least amount of money

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Ethan Weidman, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Ethan Weidman

Ethan Weidman Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    The best graphics card for the least amount of money that I can think of is the GTX 750 TI FTW edition. For only $130 it sure packs a punch! Post a reply saying what you think the best graphics card for the least amount of money is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Super Approved Super Approved x 1
  2. MichaelAndJello

MichaelAndJello I'm not a foundation

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    I would say the 750 TI also, though if you look other places it can go as cheap as $90

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ethan Weidman

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    Another card that is good for its low price is the RX 460. Only $120 and it recently came out. But I don't use AMD because of poorly optimized drivers.

4. Drex

Drex Not so active comrade
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +55 / 1
    You can get a 1050 ti at around 140$ the card out preforms the 750 ti FTW in multiple ways. The 1050 ti has a higher core and boost clock, higher memory clock, and double the vram of a 750 ti FTW. I personally cant see the point of getting a 750ti these days unless you really, really, really need to save that 20-40 dollars.

5. Ethan Weidman

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    Well,I bought this card before the 10 series came out. If only I waited 3 more months!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clorox

Clorox Forum Annihilator
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +64 / 9
    Gtx 1080 if you can, gtx 950 on really low budget

7. Ethan Weidman

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    The GTX 1050 and 950 are in the same price range, but the 1050 performs better. So why even get a 950? And for only $200 you can get a 1060, which almost performs as good as a 970

• Approved Approved x 1
  8. Keith David

Keith David Sufficiently Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Oh my god @Clorox a 1080? That's the most expensive! Ethan, if your price range for a GPU can rise to $250, a Geforce GTX 1060 6GB is probably worthwhile. It will last for a reasonable amount of years unless you're playing Gears of War 4 at an Ultra-High quality. A 1070 would also be great, but they can go for a rather higher price than what I think you're looking for.

9. 6God

6God Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Are these prices all in USD?

10. Clorox

Clorox Forum Annihilator
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +64 / 9
    For the money lol, a 1080 is the best "bang for the buck" yet it is expensive you can get the most for your money!

11. MichaelAndJello

MichaelAndJello I'm not a foundation

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    The "best bang for the buck" cards are the ones you get off ebay for $0.50

12. Clorox

Clorox Forum Annihilator
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +64 / 9
    after research, an asus GTX 750TI OC 2GB is great

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice