Secret Santa?

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by iTrade ™, Dec 7, 2016.

1. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Has anybody thought about organising a Harpoon secret santa? I'd join in if we do that. Could be lots of fun

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    We actually host a staff one every year, if there's an interest in one through the community, we can see about running one soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Honestly, I like the idea, but I feel like it is too late to implement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. iTrade ™

Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Okay, no problem.

5. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    It's an idea for next year though. after the holiday period we should get some poll going round to see how many would be interested.
    Would you be open to the idea of doing something like Imgur's yearly secret santa where people send and recieve IRL gifts (even if a trial was just tf2 based), or would this idea be only limited to the in game items?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. iTrade ™

Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    I personally think we should keep it to TF2 items

7. Spicey ツ

Spicey ツ Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would love to do a secret santa.

8. iTrade ™

Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    I will be organizing a TF2 secret santa. Players who want to participate should contact me on Steam. If Harpoon gives me permission, I'll make a thread about this on the forums as well if not then I'll track everything in a Google Sheet.

9. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    As joe said it's too late to implement something now. If anything it's around the date when gifts should be getting sent as people would be going away for christmas holidays.
    Also It would be more beneficial to have a properly organised thing that's prepared far in advance than a spontaneous thing right now.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. iTrade ™

Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    I already have people who signed up so it's not too late and it will work out fine. It's nothing Harpoon Official so not sure why you even comment on it if you don't participate.

11. Keith David

Keith David Sufficiently Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Although I agree with @Sugoni™ , you can sign me up as well. I'd like to see how well it turns out. My Steam name is Keith David HG

12. iTrade ™

Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Please add me if you want to participate. Deadline to sign up is December 17th at 20:00 CET.

13. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    There was no previous mention of you already going and setting one up. And how does it not being harpoon official somehow make my eligibility to give an opinion invalid?
    I was just saying that if you were just starting to get it up and running that there might be too small a pool of participants, however as you've now said you already started getting names, so my opinion based on the old knowledge doesn't hold up. :p

14. iTrade ™

Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Eight people joined the Secret Santa. While it might be a small player pool, it still works.

15. Sugoni

Sugoni 19 =/= 14
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +91 / 14
    Exactly. You've already got a pool, which you didn't explain. I was saying that there might be a pool that was "too small" specifically, like maybe 3 or 4 people. But again, not a problem anymore.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. iTrade ™

Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Thanks to all the Harpoonians who participated! All gifts have been delivered :) Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here :)

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice