Read Me Harpoon Gaming Birthday Events

Discussion in 'Previous Announcements' started by Jin&Tonic, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    On August 15, 2016, Harpoon will be turning 4 years old. In celebration of this milestone, Harpoon will be hosting a variety of events. The schedule is as follows (TL;DR at the bottom):

For all of these events, we reserve the right to refuse prizing if we feel a winner has broken our rules, the rules of SteamRep, or otherwise disqualified themselves per their behavior. This event schedule is subject to change.

TL;DR
    Forums: Scavenger Hunt for an Unusual all week, starting Monday
    Payload Server: Most Kills with Stock Minigun or Stock Flamethrower receive an Unusual
    AMA: Ask Questions here
    All-Trade Server: Mass Server Spycrab for Unusual, and Kill the King for Unusual; Small Events for other stuff
    TTT: Item and Donator Giveaway
    Donator: Raffle for unusual, and donator

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jin&Tonic, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    • Super Approved Super Approved x 4
  2. Party Demo :3/Pooptroop

Party Demo :3/Pooptroop Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    lit

• Approved Approved x 1
  3. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nicholas Concu

Nicholas Concu Unwavering

Ratings:
    +15 / 3
    Will take part in this event, plus to help out by telling everyone on my friends list I possibly can about this.
    Just A question, The AMA will be livestreamed on youtube just like last year?

5. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Either YouTube or Twitch, we haven't decided. Please do tell everyone you know.

As far as the Donator event, just a clarification. Donators do not need to be online, it will be a raffle with all donators.

6. B4L

B4L Touhou Fanatic
    Donator

Ratings:
    +96 / 10
    I'm so hyped to watch all the people play as Heavy or Pyro on payload all day.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nycir10

nycir10 Unwavering

Ratings:
    +9 / 2
    Soooo Hype for this!!!

8. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Update: Forums Scavenger Hunt will be pushed back to Monday and will run the week instead.

9. Spooky Chief

Spooky Chief Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Oooo Heavy vs Pyro on the payload server :3 This will be fun

10. TeZonIVeX

TeZonIVeX Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    This sucks
    Not the events but the timing.
    Most events take place on Sunday but my computer is dangerously close to having the power supply become unstable.
    I can't use my computer anymore until the new one comes because as you might know, if the power supply fails and becomes unstable, it can create a surge or whatever that will most likely fry most of my cpu hardware, and then that will cost a lot to replace.
    The new power supply isn't coming til Sunday at the earliest so I won't be on to take part for this birthday. Monday I have school. So I'm upset but not at Harpoon Gaming, but at my computer's horrible timing.
    Any advice or words of wisdom?

Happy birthday Harpoon Gaming

11. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    We're going to have events Monday afternoon also probably. There is also a competition throughout next week Mon-Fri on the forums.

12. TeZonIVeX

TeZonIVeX Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    It's Sunday and I'm back up and running with a brand new power supply
    OH YEAH!
    thanks for advice and help

13. ❄SubZeroDestruction❄

❄SubZeroDestruction❄ Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    For the AmA

Q: How did you start-up HG, how difficult was it? And how does it feel to technically own and run a Business in a weird way.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice