How Did YOU Find HG?

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Lecatzz, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Now, I know on the introductions, it asks how you found Harpoon Gaming Forums, but what about the servers itself? Or maybe did you find the servers through the forums? I'll share first.

I found Harpoon Gaming close to a year ago, around the ripe beginning of 2015. I was looking for a trade server, I had lots of stuff to sell. After scrolling through the list, I found one that said "HG Events Server", or something like that. It didn't list anything about a trade server, but I joined, curious about the "events" part. Upon waiting a long time on my potato computer at the time, I finally joined. It was the biggest map I've ever seen. No one was on, but I had a look around the map. I became so curious, that I found the Steam group, and joined Alltrade 2, possibly the place where my whole trading experience began.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Super Approved Super Approved x 1
    • Joe Approved Joe Approved x 1
  2. jacobhd404040

jacobhd404040 Forum-Clearing
    Staff Member Advisor

Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    I found the TTT server by randomly looking through the list and joining servers. If it took too long to load in I stopped and moved on. Harpoon was the first one that day that didn't take too long and I have been playing on it ever since.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    I clicked on the TTT server by accident then I met Tillman, Are You Sure, and Rokstar.

4. Party Lux

Party Lux Positively Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +67 / 7
    I Looked up random trade servers and found my self on all trade 2. I kept coming back and stayed.

5. claysadz07

claysadz07 Per aspera ad astra

Ratings:
    +25 / 1
    I found all trade 2 looking for a trade server, when I first got on I actually thought it was a little boring, but then I came back and started having fun and I started making it my main server. Along with the other servers.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Face-Meltingly Active

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    I found the forums before the servers in all honesty, and that was through the banner on SR's main page. Though the Harpoon servers are the only severs I now appear on these days.

7. Katpolice

Katpolice Face-Meltingly Active

Ratings:
    +30 / 4
    When, on to SteamRep's forum page. Was looking at the communtiy partners and friends of SteamRep. Decided to click on all of the banners. Eventually, came across these forum's!

8. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Funny, heh. I had no knowledge of any admin powers, nor did I know what their purposes were. All I knew about admins before I started looking for HG was that in Minecraft, they give you free stuff. My first admin met was slwpkr, who I called hacks on for after him going into god mode to destroy the sentry I built to camp.

• Super Approved Super Approved x 1
    • Watching You Watching You x 1
  9. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. cnpjphillypwn

cnpjphillypwn Forum-Clearing
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +111 / 9
    I joined the server my friend was in and he happened to be on HG's Payload Server.

11. Newt

Newt "Great we're all bloody inspired."
    Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 2
    I asked a friend for a good trading server, he showed me to harpoon but he never came on the servers again. I grew to love the community and enjoyed being around everyone, then summer hit and I got super active and now i'm here.

12. Some Porcupine

Some Porcupine Rage-Inducing Activity
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +209 / 30
    Messy said "Hey come box this guy, he's bad and is wagering a big kill." So then I came on for the first time and won a big kill.

13. slwpkr

slwpkr 1 Shot, 1 Kill, No Luck, All Skill
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +29 / 2
    I found Harpoon a little after I started getting into trading, I had around 4 Servers that I swapped back and forth throughout the day, but most of my Trades came from HG so I stuck around. The other servers kept going up and down, so I got frustrated, but Harpoon was always up, and the Staff were the Nicest, and always stopped spammers, and those who disrespected other players. I eventually got asked by Joe to join Mumble, and was interviewed right there, and became a Mod, and been here ever since. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    Saved.
    upload_2015-12-15_22-28-16.png

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  15. Brunerth

Brunerth Hippie
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +200 / 21
    WARNING: THIS IS LONG AS FUUUUCK

I've been off and on with Harpoon for about 2-3 years now. I first joined when my friend Quote was bored and hanging out here drooling over Jink. I noticed how the map was unique and decided to hang around for a while. After some point I wanted to be a staff member because I was an annoying child with the thought process "I'VE BEEN HERE FOR LIKE EVER I DESERVE STAFF!!!" to which I was declined 3 times in a row. Around a month or so later I joined the mumble, got to actually know the staff and joined the TTT server when it was being opened. The next week I was made a mod on there and ended up as a Senior Admin after around 3 months, and later resigned to play more TF2 with my friends. Roughly a year later, I came back and applied for trade staff, worked my way to Full Admin and somewhere I somehow ended up being an admin on a 10x community (don't ask me how because I couldn't tell you...) and could no longer commit to being an admin and once again resigned. (The 10x admin thing seriously had nothing to do with it. All I really do there is play and bring down a ban hammer on hackers.) Now here I am once again, lurking on the forum from time to time and practicing Soldier to get into comp.

Ugh. That's a mouthful and a half... Well there you go.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    remember when the enforcer used to be OP on those servers?

17. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    tl;dr

18. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    A great group of people got together, put in hard work, time, and did their absolute best; from that Harpoon was born and subsequently how we "found" it.

• Approved Approved x 2
    • Productive Productive x 1
    • Congrads Congrads x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    I knew you were gonna say something like that sooner or later.

• Approved Approved x 1
  20. Greed

Greed Spectacularly Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +31 / 14
    I clicked some servers, got called a few choice words with the original username EyeOfTheDragon. Found HG said "Harpoons are cool lets click this" and then I got taught how to crouch jump. So i stayed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice