Information Make time tommorow. (2015 Supermoon eclipse.)

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by jacobhd404040, Sep 26, 2015.

?

Will you watch the supermoon lunar eclipse?

1. Yes I will.

66.7%
  2. No I will not.

22.2%
  3. Undecided.

11.1%
  1. jacobhd404040

jacobhd404040 Forum-Clearing
    Staff Member Advisor

Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    Tomorrow at 8:11 PM something that has not happened since 1982, and will not happen again until 2033, will once more occur. The supermoon lunar eclipse. This is an occurrence in which 3 events will coincide, a full moon, a lunar eclipse, and a lunar perigee. If you don't know what that last one is, it is the point at which the moon is closet to the earth (221,753 miles away). The 8:11 PM time is when the moon enters the earth's penumbra, which will be hardly visible to most. The moon with first enter the umbra at 9:07 PM this is when the partial eclipse will begin, this is much more visible than the previous part of the "show". At 10:11 the total lunar eclipse will begin, this means that the moon will be entirely in earth's shadow and it will be a spectacular view for those who enjoy space and objects within it. The total lunar eclipse will end at 11:23 PM, at this point another partial eclipse is basically what you are going to see. The moon will completely leave the umbra at 12:27 AM, this will be when the shadow is again hardly visible and the "show" is mostly over.
    The moon will be completely out of the earth's shadow at 1:22 AM. This marks the end of the supermoon total lunar eclipse that will not happen again for another 18 years.

All of the times used in this thread are Eastern standard time. Have any questions? Feel free to ask I will do my best to answer and if I don't know the answer at the time I will find out for you. Are you going to watch the eclipse? I know I will. Answer in the poll above.

Edit: Almost everyone in the Americas and Western Europe will have a beautiful view of this eclipse. Unfortunately most of Russia, and other ares including China and India will not be able to view the event.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 jacobhd404040, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    Thanks. I'll be watching part of this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cnpjphillypwn

cnpjphillypwn Forum-Clearing
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +111 / 9
    I'll probably just look at pictures of it after it's happened, as I'll be asleep for most of the eclipse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    yeah sure, I already called some friends over to watch it

5. Dr.House

Dr.House Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +6 / 2
    saw the 1st part of the lunar eclipse then a big cloud gave me the finger nd blocked the moon for the rest of the night, i saw the dark side a bit red

6. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    I got the big finger from a bunch of trees and houses :(

7. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    It was amazing, the clouds that is...
    ...because thats all i saw...

• Congrads Congrads x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cake Cake x 1
  8. cnpjphillypwn

cnpjphillypwn Forum-Clearing
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +111 / 9
    haha half of the featured posts on ifunny were just complaining about the clouds blocking the moon

I was going to suggest posting pictures to the forum but we've all seen clouds before :p

9. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    It's a bird!
    No, it's a plane!
    tumblr_m6usx4gGTn1rz6yzyo1_500.png

• Approved Approved x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice