Application Declined White Hand's All-Trade Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by White Hand, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Hand

White Hand Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Steamrep Profile Block
    | steamname: White Hand™ Marry Santa
    | steam3ID: [U:1:168645464]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:84322732
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198128911192
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198128911192

For which server do you wish to be staff?
    All-Trade

What position are you applying for?

How many hours do you have in our servers?
    17:51:20 hours This was on the "connection type" fact

Please provide the URL to your GameMe page with the highest hours (OPTIONAL)
    trade_plaza_hg_at2a9 = 0d 13:59h

How old are you?

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes I do

Do you have any previous experience, if so, when and where?
    No I have none at all. The only position that I've been in is donator

What ideas or skill can you provide for the benefit of HG?
    I have a couple ideas and skills I can try and pull for the hg servers to be better!

- Easier way to stop the rules from being broken

Most of the time when there is a mic spammer or a chat spammer on the server most of the players try to call admin but its a bit too late for that. Either the players have to face this suffering until the admin kicks the player or until the admin is here but the player already has left. It's kinda of a waste. I'm thinking we should have this new feature on where if you want to report someone you have 3 strikes to do so! If you call admin on a certain person disobeying the rules, that's 1 strike for them! And the strikes have to be by different people! So than the player can be kicked easily. And yes I have though on how this could be abuse easily on which 1 person on the server could try to convince someone else to try and strike this person down too but that has never really happening in other servers. For example : Casual servers. When you take a vote to kick someone, the dude in the chat isn't gonna say " Guys kick him. Just for fun! Why not???" But most people just don't care and either click no or just don't vote at all. From what I've seen people only kick the person if they NEED to be kicked. And which this feature its going to be easier to stop people from breaking rules. And of course there's always a moderator or an admin online just in case someone wants to abuse this feature. There is also the basic things/skills a moderator should have which is being online most of the time, and doing the right thing when kicking people. When I say that I mean not just kicking the person right away, giving them warnings until they either stop or they just keep on doing it and get kicked. Those are some ideas and skills/traits for a moderator that I think should be placed or a role I should play.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    I have been in the hg servers for a while now and what I'm seeing are more scams happening, more fighting inside of the chats and more of the rules not being listened too. For example: Chat spam, Mic spam, Links posted in chat etc. There was this one instance in where a spycrab was going for some keys .(Not sure on exact but I think it was around 4 keys) And than the spycrab went through a person won, But in the end the player accused the other one of a scam in which He won, When he didn't. This issue went on for about 15 minutes and was solved eventually. I'm witnessing most of these actions being pulled and could do nothing to really stop it besides using the !calladmin command or just messaging one of my admin friends on steam to come and help. So Since I'm online very frequently I could save them the time and either warn the players themselves or kick them if they disobey the rules

How much time do you think you can spend on forums/servers per day?
    I go on tf2 every single day. Most people you ask on hg servers would know that already. But in each server i spend around 1 hour or 2 in each.

What do you think the current All-Trade staff are doing right?
    Well they are MODERATORS correct? Which means they moderate the servers. The moderators I know are like kanzone, braixen is like half admin/moderator etc. What I've been seeing is that there doing their job PERFECTLY. Giving away warning until someone is kicked and even though sometimes people aren't going against the rules for even 1 hour there still on. And when it comes to the admins, There running the server and making sure everything is running properly! It's ALMOST every server I join an admin is here. Like slowscout, Reaper,Tuurtle,Braixen etc. That's all I have to say because from my perspective there doing there job perfectly.

What do you think the All-Trade Staff, or Harpoon in general, could work on at this point in time?
    Not much to be honest.
    But if I had to choose only a bit I would say some mechanics. Like the !calladmin feature. That feature is abused ALOT and sometimes when I use it, I feel like its not working. Like 10 min later the admin kicks the person but it doesn't seem like it's because of us because it's like he just notices it and kicks him after he see's it. Maybe we could fix it with my idea but still its just an "idea" not something that could be in the game as I don't expect it to be, But besides the point, I don't really think the harpoon company in general could work on anything at the moment.

Why do you want to become a member of the HG All-Trade team?
    I want to do it because since I've been in this server for a long time now, I've already said how I see all of this rule breaking actions happening and in which it's nearly impossible for trade or play the game. And me in general, I wanna fix this. If it's mic spam, We could just mute the mic correct? Actually No. Because some people might actually have useful info on trading or tf2 in general and when it comes to chat spam no one could really stop that either as it interrupts trading info and people just wanting to talk in chat. Mainly its for me trying to have fun playing the game but it's also because My goal is to be an admin in gaming itself. Not only tf2, But I'm planning on being a game mechanic one day and the best way to start off, is being a moderator. I cannot be admin at the moment because im only 15. Not over 18. But maybe one day ill be able to be admin in this server. Who knows? It's a possibility. Those are some reasons on why I want to be a member of the hg all-trade family.

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    This is kinda where it gets funny.......;)
    Before I was able to understand this server, I didn't read the rules and did stuff.........I shouldn't have done. But don't get me wrong, I obviously regret what I did like spamming chats but I never mic spammed. Than In grade 4 I stole books from a school library. No lie I did. Well it is miscellaneous info so I though you might wanna know that. One time I also did the !calladmin Command as a joke but than I accidentally clicked accept and I had to deal with the consequences :(. But either way there's nothing really big that I did besides those reasons but they were in the past on which I didn't know that I'd stay in this server for a while and now I do! That is all the info you need to know. Stay good and have a nice day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Previously known as THE REAPER
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +120 / 9
    Hello @White Hand,

Unfortunately we will be declining your app based on your behavior and we do feel like you have to work on your maturity. Once you feel this has changed, feel free to reapply.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice