Accepted [TTT Server Ban Appeal]: xPINTOx "Eric"

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by xPINTOx, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xPINTOx

xPINTOx Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    http://steamrep.com/search?q=http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027881474/

Description
    Permabanned during a TTT match.

Please provide any and all evidence
    Charlie,

You reported me for calling a KOS on you during a mass shooting. From my POV, I CLEARLY saw you shoot innocents from the top ledge. Then you proceeded to shoot me. I don't know what else to say other than from my point of view, I had enough evidence to call a KOS. I didn't even know you were a mod until after the ban message popped up. So for using profanity against an admin, I apologize but I honestly never even knew you were an admin. Never really checked. Even so, I can see where name calling is unacceptable for a non admin as well (although people do it all the time) but I was frustrated because I felt I've done nothing wrong and just figured you were upset that your T round was KOS'ed. I have numerous hours on your server and have never been in trouble for anything... I feel this is a bit much for one offense considering I always follow the rules as well as recently play on harpoon exclusively. I've made friends with numerous people in the group as well as other admins. They can vouch for me if needed but again, I apologize for the offense but I believe it was a misunderstanding. I know you're pretty set that I had no reason to KOS but if you see it from my POV, I'd hope you would reconsider. I would even be willing to listen to your side so that I don't accidentally break that rule again.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Hello xPINTOx,

I don't really care whether I get KoS'd or not, and I understand your reasoning. What I was trying to explain to you was that there was another user RDM'ing who I was shooting at. And while I understand the KoS and am not fighting, I was just trying to explain to you my context, and see if you had known that.

In response, you insulted me, which is why I banned you. Someone giving you their opinion, or at least talking to you civilly about a KoS, without accusation or anger, shouldn't be met with unwarranted insults.

Also, regardless of someone being a "mod" or not, you should respect them. In this case, you just happened to insult the Owner.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xPINTOx

xPINTOx Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I did get accused because you reported me. Then we were going back and forth saying I saw you then no you didn't. Doesn't really matter at this point though. Your server, your rules.

-Have a good one

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Appeal granted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice