Discussion The Current State of the world and humanity

Discussion in 'Flame Bucket (Recommended 18+)' started by Just Navlis, Sep 20, 2017.

?

Is North Korea to be taken seriously?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Just Navlis

Just Navlis Face-Meltingly Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 3
    ok this is honestly a bit different to what you usually see here.

but i wanted to bring attention to the current state of countrys over the world. Well to be more specific the situation of North Korea and the rest of the world. i mean honestly i am scared, alright? i am afraid, like the current threats to japan to be bombed all countries starting to go into "Fear for the worst" mode. honestly some people even go so far to say that it could cause a WW3. i mean obviously it can go very different and i hope it will. but i really dont know what to think atm the world is dark but this could go even worse.

what are your thoughts?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. The Slow Scout

The Slow Scout Violent Crime Analyst
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +238 / 7
    I highly doubt World War III is going to occur anytime soon. If Kim Jong Un were to launch an attack first, whether it be towards the US or to South Korea, China would come up with a plan to take care of Kim and North Korea would be under a new government to say the least. They don't want the US to come over to its border and have them deal with Kim. If the United States were to attack first, South Korea would be pretty much be destroyed but China would most likely go on NK's side. Currently, China isn't on either side really but they're trying to prevent Kim from doing anything stupid. However, Trump is making the situation worse.

North Korea being a failed state will essentially hurt everyone. Huge refugee crisis for China, Seoul would be done for, the US would probably be in a proxy war with China and Russia if the US attacks NK, etc.

Unfortunately NK can't be dealt with without having a lot of deaths. While countries are in danger if either attacks, realistically, I don't think anything major is going to happen. While Kim is brutal, I don't think he's actually crazy enough to essentially go suicide mode. They have nothing to gain really. As for the US, while they definitely have more firepower than NK, them attacking first would be a really dumb decision. I say US attacking first is more dangerous than NK doing so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Sylvan Evergreen

Sylvan Evergreen How can I help?
    Staff Member Head Admin Discord Staff All-Trade Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 18
    The moment North Korea makes an unprovoked attack, that will be their ultimate death. I believe that if they were to launch missiles towards any nation, the missiles would be taken down and a counter attack would soon follow. I do not fear North Korea's missiles making contact.

There are very few ways this situation can be mended. Kim Jong Un leads a broken, frail nation, and refuses to allow contact to the outside world.

I wonder if the UN would be opposed to the abduction or assassination of Kim Jong Un. He is on the verge of being a warmonger, and it would be a safer way to liberate the country of North Korea.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DRagon

DRagon Phenomenal
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +104 / 7
    I'm not a big advocate for war, but I am supremely confident in saying that we would wipe the floor with them. Plus, in the event of a theoretical land/sea/air invasion of mainland US, there is no chance in hell NK would have enough resources for any prolonged occupation, or an occupation anywhere else for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Medic

The Medic Notably Active

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Correct. North Korea is a frail nation. As soon as Kim Jong Un gets it into his thick head he can make a move on any country. Nort Korea is gonna be wiped off the map. That country will no longer exist.

Personally, I'm convinced South/North Korea will be united within 20 years, and the previous North-Korean Regime will be completely eliminated (not killed, but just removed).

6. jacobhd404040

jacobhd404040 Forum-Clearing
    Staff Member Advisor

Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    The UN Security Council would be, China would never agree to anything like it and they have veto power on substantive resolutions in the council. I feel like this situation and any consequences would be substantive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Paragon7667

Paragon7667 Somewhat Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    if north korea tried anything their missles would be taken out by the US's anti-nuclear countermeasures and then they would most likely be eradicated by trump because the only word in his vocab is china

8. tea

tea Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    [​IMG]
    I believe the whole reason these countries are having a nuclear pissing competition is the trillions of dollars worth of rare metals buried in North Korea, which coincidentally cannot be traded in or out of North Korea due to various trade sanctions put on them by the UN and the US. Donald Trump has started to posture towards them and attempt to garner a reaction, preferably a threat of war. This would be preferable for him because he would easily win such an exchange, and would be able to greatly benefit from the raw materials harboring in North Korea. Even China now is imposing the UN trade restrictions onto the North Korean economy.

If war were to break out, I don't think it would end particularly well for either side, nor the neighbouring countries. The fallout would be immense, even if the missiles were to be intercepted like it was suggested in a previous reply. Besides this it was suggested that only one hundred nukes is all it would take to block out the soot with the remaining soot. Much like how the dinosaurs became extinct.
    I just hope Trump and Kim know all this; they could very well be posturing for a future trade deal/lifting of sanctions. That is the more likely option in my opinion.

Those are my thoughts.

9. Gorrah

Gorrah Notably Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +11 / 2
    In my opinion, the current state will die down eventually, every country in the world is at their highest part of their own mountains and they have too much to lose if a war did start.

10. Helvane

Helvane Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    If North Korea ever went to war against the U.S it'll probably be the shortest war ever. It might cause WW3 but it won't last that long

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice