Application Declined The Bear Jew's All-Trade Moderator App

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by The Bear Jew, Jul 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bear Jew

The Bear Jew Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data:
    steamname: Jesus
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:63466979
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198087199687
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198087199687

What position are you applying for?

In which server would you like to be staff?
    All-Trade

How many hours do you have in our server?
    5 days 05:44:07 hours

How old are you?

What Time-Zone you live in?
    UTC

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes, I do.

Do you have any previous Admin experience, if so, where and when?
    I was an admin for a minecraft server, and I run a sandbox server with my friends.

What ideas or skills can you bring to the table?
    I believe I can bring many idea's to the table such as games to keep everyone on the server happy, I can make trading a safe and scam free place, and I believe I can make the player have a better time in general.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    I believe I could be a good staff member because I have learned from my mistakes and matured. Now that I can drive, have adopted many responsibilities, and have a part-time job, I believe I am mature enough to become a HG staff member.

How much time can you spend per-day on the servers/forums?
    Server- 3 hours a day during the summer 1 hour during the week (multiple AP classes this year) Forums- 30-90 minutes (all these times are varying depending if I have work that day, I generally can not get on if I have work)

What do you think the current staff is doing right?
    The staff is doing an amazing job right now just in general, I really like how helpful they are to the new traders and how much they get involved. The concept that say I'm a new trader, I get scammed out of a couple of keys. At least I know that the harpoon staff if on it!

What things do you think the staff, or Harpoon Gaming as a whole, could improve on?
    I believe the staff could help keep more order to the server, I have notice less muting of players who talk over staff, less kicks of people trolling or simply constantly annoying other player, or breaking rules. Also I believe the trade server (for which I am applying for) isn't what it should be, more people are killing then actually trading.

Why do you want to be a member of the Staff?
    I want to be a member of the staff to help improve the trade server actually trading and becoming what I believe it once was! Please do not take offense, but I believe the server has been going in a downhill direction, I began playing Harpoon Gaming 1 year ago (last summer), and it really was great! I believe I made the most transactions of my trading career ever! I believe I can help get Harpoon Games back to that status, also I feel like being a more involved part of the Convivial Harpoon family would be quite the exhilarating adventure!

Are you ready to act as middleman for events and trades?
    Yes!

Do you have a Rep thread, if so, please link it here?
    I do not have a rep thread.

Special Notes:
    "I have read the prerequisites for applying for a staff position, I understand them and believe I have met them."

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    You might know me as "The Bear Jew" as that was my previous profile name, however as my steam name changed, so have I. I hope you enjoyed my application and we consider meticulously.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Until today, the last time you visited the server was over 3 months ago, what makes you believe you will have the activity and the dedication needed to be a staff member?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. The Bear Jew

The Bear Jew Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, a few months ago I decided to cash out, and just buy a few games on steam, which I did. Now I am back in the trading market to start growing my trades, and what other server would I do it on. So in all honesty, I'll be on pretty much as much as I used to. P.S sorry I forgot to post as reply

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Your application is now under review.

5. Krewella

Krewella Male Model

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    At this time we're denying your application. Show more dedication and spend a bit more time on server and communicate more and we may reconsider. Thank you for applying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice