Declined [TF2 Server Ban Appeal]: 76561198031258757 "Marcusd0"

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    | steamname: d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:35496514
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031258757
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Marcusd0
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198031258757

Description
    Hello, I've been marked on Steamrep for "HG Caution".
    I have no idea what that is, since I've never registered on here. So I assume it's an imposer trying to make me look bad, made a Steamrep appeal but they adviced me to appeal here.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198031258757-marcusd0-sr-caution.76750/

It says I asked for reps without the trades, I haven't even made a rep thread on here as you can see. So unsure what's going on - So no idea why I got a marked account now. Hopefully we can spot the issue and resolve it.

Thanks

Please provide any and all evidence

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You've filled out the incorrect appeal form, but nonetheless, I'll address it here.

You were given a caution tag for engaging in the practice of using false reputation to bolster yourself. You messaged multiple individuals who had not done trades with you asking for them to give you reputation, telling them to make it look legit so people wouldn't know.

In a trust based community, where reputation is often used to determine important factors like if one should PayPal trade an individual or to trust an individual to middleman. Many individuals work hard to get such reputation, and successfully use it to show their ability to be trusted and therefore carry out middlemanning or PayPal trades. As such, you by asking people to give you fake rep that appears "legit", are trying to foster trust where it otherwise wouldn't belong.

This practice "fake rep" is something that is taken seriously as many people then go on scam sprees, not to say that you were going to. But nonetheless, the practice itself is dishonest and derives from fraud, as you did not trade those individuals in a rep based trade and instead just wanted to make yourself appear more "trusted".

While you pointed out you didn't register here, you did ask individuals to rep who then reported it to us.

I hope this clarifies why you were given a caution tag.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where? Because I do not have any reputation thread here, so it's impossible to do everything you mentioned above if I don't have a reputation thread. If Steam rep - I haven't done any +rep exchange without having a successful trade, as you can see I got over 2600.

As an accused member, am I allowed to see the threads or stuff, because you have not given me any legitamate proof it was me.

Thanks for quick reply.

4. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Here's you asking for such reputation:
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, since when is trolling a fanboy/friend along with several other friends on my list not allowed? None of them posted a rep since whenever they asked what I declined it. Perhaps I didn't type that specifically enough with the smileys.

6. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    It really just appears that you were asking for fake rep, you didn't say anything about joking, you made it quite clear you knew it was against the rules.

You asked multiple people to give you fake rep, it's easy enough to say you were just joking around now, after being given a caution tag and having incentive to make up stories. But quite honestly, you mass spammed users with a request to falsify reputation, you made no comments as to it being a joke and then expect us to believe that was your intent despite the clear cut request you made here:
    "Can you give me rep here? http://backpack.tf.tf/trust/7656119803128757 Type something legit but still apply to the rules"

After being accused of fake rep, you didn't say you were joking or trolling.

All in all, you chose to do something that is commonly regarded as a practice of fraud, and clearly don't care that you did.

7. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was ONLY people on my friends list, and perhaps the smileys wasn't clear enough as "joking, trolling" or such. I also said "yes" at the end as a fake report with laughing, how clear do I have to be to my own friends?

8. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Well considering your own friends reported you, I don't believe you made that clear.

Not to mention:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both of your friends here made note of it, and notice neither of them note that you trolled, they merely stated you asked for bp.tf trust.

9. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Alright, so you countered my "posting parts of the conversations" which don't mean anything in your eyes with posting a part of a conversation in a thread...

But going off the content of that post, you state the trust system is broken and that "[You] got reported for legit transactions, and people with useless rep comments are still up on some for months."

So to counter the fact that you get reported for legit transactions, you decided to attempt a massive amount of fake rep so that you can get reported for illegitimate transactions?

11. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    0 made it, because I explained to everyone it was a joke. Unsure if I can recover any of the chat logs, the user who reported me obv got it right away which is why I continue to smiley spam him.

12. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The user who reported you said you were asking for fake rep. I don't really believe that's the same as "Oh I realize you're trolling/joking".

But I'll reiterate that the users that reported you, and that I displayed screenshots earlier, did not indicate you were trolling or joking, they stated you were attempting to get fake rep.

Also as you stated the posts were not relevant given they were one part of the conversation, here's the full entirety of said conversation:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, forgot if it was status or threads. Already talked with Avenging Flame and he know it was a joke.
    Will talk to Baloo if needed when he comes online.

Or because of the mocking user in first picture I wont have my HG mark appealed? (Atariman1000)

14. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Unfortunately, you telling us, that other people said it was a joke isn't really evidence.

Even if they did believe it was a joke, having you tell us isn't exactly the most unbiased either.

15. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So all other of those (i.e 50) friends who would agree and tell you it was a joke doesn't matter and 1 guy who just wanna mess around with me and mocked me when he saw this thread got higher value than 49 other users?

16. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You have 50 friends who said it was a joke? Because from what I see, no one has thus far said you were joking.

And even still, before you even talked to them about it being a "joke", they brought it up on Bp.tf and in Steam chat that you were asking for rep. Even that one you said knew it was a joke, said your tag looks appropriate based on your actions.

17. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Because I haven't asked any, do I need vouches from each and every user I contacted? I can message essentially everyone and see if needed.

The appeal is correct, not the mark.

Edit: I can get Baloo & Avenging Flame's feedback on this once they are available.

18. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [​IMG]

We talked earlier, can have him confirm once he come back online. Same with Baloo.

[​IMG]

19. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I read over the reply to your appeal and it looks like its correct. You had asked people to give you bp.tf trust and we had never traded before

I believe that he indicated there that you were in the wrong.

But in any event, from what I've seen so far, everyone appears to have believed you wanted fake rep. We can investigate this further and speak to those you attempted to get fake rep from.

But in what sense did you believe attempting a fraud is a good idea? I'm assuming you're aware of what fake rep is, and I don't understand how you believed that it was a good course of action to go about fake scamming?

20. d0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am talking with Avening Flames, do I need him to post in this appeal?

Define "everyone" because all I see is one guy. If you take a look at my backpack.tf history and see that I tend to make a ton of joke related things, it'd be easier for you to understand I guess. Surely, you don't have access or can review all my previous jokes that I have made on the forums the past year. Also you have to be a member to review the threads located in "The Great Below".

I can get my friends to post and or have their input if needed, not speaking with the guy who reported me. He started to mock me and made excuses so I already blocked and removed him.

I've never done any paypal trades with a 'random' user, so..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice