Archived Suggestion: Updated Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Lecatzz, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Please name your Suggestion/Bug Report:
    Updated Rules

Is this a suggestion or bug report?:
    Suggestion

What does this report affect?:
    All-Trade 2 Server

Please elaborate on your suggestion:
    Being on the server for quite a while now, actually more than a year, I have seen various people come in and out of the servers. Assholes, rich people, regulars, and good traders. The rules themselves have not changed much within the past year, if I´m not wrong, and as of the now, the current rules are:

NO Private backpacks or Profiles.
    NO Posting Links of any kind.
    NO Being disrespectful.
    BE Respectful to others when they are speaking. (One at a time on the mic).
    ALWAYS listen to admins/moderators
    NO Vulgar/Nude sprays
    NO Spamming of the mic or the chat.
    NO Racism at all
    ONLY English is allowed on mic and in chat.
    NO Trading of CD keys/Codes and No Game Trading for Cash
    NO Misrepresenting your trades. (Saying it's 1 of 1 when it's 1 of 8)
    NO Price checking of unusual that are on the server without that item's owner's permission.
    NO Selling and / or trading of Steam Accounts.
    NO Using the frying pan, the melee weapon aka Panning.
    WE RECOMMEND having voice enabled, as admins use it for primary contact.

Right now, as a regular on the server, I would like the staff of HG to hear out my opinion on changing the rules (It´s nothing bad).

1. The frying pan sound is disabled, no? I don´t think there is a need to have that up on the rules anymore, as it does not make the annoying sound as it used to.

2. I´d like for a new rule to be added. This rule is that No advertising of any steam groups, recruiting, hacks, or websites. This rule goes for a few audiences, mainly those who are new to the servers. I´m aware there may some other gaming communities where advertising is allowed, but in my time here, clearly it isn´t allowed, as I heard multiple times from various staff members. Sometimes, people like to be smart asses, and check the rules board for EVERYTHING, and if it isn´t there, they´ll just continue to do whatever they were doing. I see a ton of advertisers who don´t listen to other people, and actually wait until an admin gets on to tell em to stop. If this general rule is added, I feel that there will be less non-trade/spycrab/heavyboxing related advertisements, just to keep our community clean.

3. Spycrab room regulations. A lot of users like the idea of spycrabbing, plus the whole way it works too. However, multiple times, I´ve seen many people just sit in the spycrab rooms, and do nothing, just fooling around. They´ll taunt, or just idle, with the door shut, of course. They do that mostly when an admin isn´t on, or when they´re unaware of the rules. The new rule I´m proposing here is The spycrab room is meant for ONLY spycrabbing purposes. That rule seems fair enough, so any smart ass wont come in and say ¨it´s not on the rules, so I can do it!¨

4. Hacking/cheating of any kind will get you a permanent IP ban. Yup, this one´s obvious. You´ll never know who comes by in on the server. Maybe putting this rule up will inform users that overall hacking/cheating will indeed get you a permanent ban. It might impact some, as most come on their alternative accounts. Some of them don´t realize that the ban affects your IP, making it so that you cannot come to trade with any other account.

5. No sentrycamping. I personally do not know what the staff´s view on this one is, but I´ve met a few admins who disapprove of sentrycamping. To me, taking out a sentry camper is quite easy, but to others, it may not be. Sentry campers kinda bring attention to other campers, and before you know it, there´s a horde of sentries right outside your spawn. I just want everyone else to have a fair/fun time in the server.

6. I want to question the spamming chat part, as I cannot really clarify what the staff means by spam. By spam, do you mean:

DaSmallN00bFukDaWorld: rektm8

Or something more like this:

Mango: Selling a strange jarate for 0.44 refs!
    Mango: Selling a strange jarate for 0.44 refs!

If we´re going with option two, I´d like to suggest the rule of Limit trade ads to 1 per chat cycle. I mean, people like to get attention when they´re trading, they obviously want people to buy their stuff, but I´d like for everyone to have a fair chance to post their advertisements too. If one person were to multi-post their ads, wouldn´t everyone else? I know it´s already a rule within the staff, but again, smart asses and new players.

That concludes my suggestion, please do not take anything I posted in a negative shape, way, or form- I only want to voice out my opinion and suggestion as a regular player. Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Any Additional Information?:
    This, along with my other pending suggestion here is meant to be a side task, I can tell the staff is busy and suggestions like these can be just mere improvements. But once again, thanks for reading!

-Lecatzz

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sargent

Sargent RoboActive
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 7
    The first instance for the spam is considered which can easily be seen as implied, the second one is considered a "double post" which could be an accident or intentional. Hopefully this answers your question. As for the rules, a lot of these aren't listed or not removed mostly because they're either obvious wrongings that one should not do or they're not high priority at the current time. Let's address them one by one, shall we?
    This simply has no point to take out as the sound is disabled for everyone else but you so there's no point in having the rule taken out. At current state, while I do not touch the rules or manage them directly, I think it's fair to assume removing this rule is at the utmost lowest priority
    Hacks is a big no but as for other things such as groups or websites, I personally take that as a compliment as the user thinks out community and servers are large enough for said user to get their word across. I often see people talking about various websites they made themselves as general conversation, like Youtube channels for instance, I see nothing wrong with that except the potential to possibly remove some socializing which I don't want to see happening
    This is a genuine wronging of any individual, however we do our best to have staff coverage in as much as possible and this isn't a big issue that needs lots of evidence to back up the case either. A simply screenshot of the user idling in the room, followed by a kick under the reason of blocking the spycrab room. Furthermore, I have never seen all four rooms held closed by idlers so if people want to spycrab but rooms are shut on their team, they can switch teams no problem.
    This is extremely obvious, I don't think TF2 has any server that permits hacking and if there is then, well ya beat me but there's an infinite amount of servers that do not so the point still stands strong. Here is a search list for all the bans HG Staff (and console) have done under the reason of hacking:
    https://bans.harpoongaming.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=hacking&advType=reason

Notice how quite a few are from our trade servers, we're no different then the other 1000+ servers that ban for hacking
    Well this one's a bit iffy, even for me. There's an obvious answer that it's a trade server, it doesn't matter if people are killing but at the same time, there are instances where players (especially those that aren't donators) want to show off their killstreaks and get kills to do so. Since sentries are practically insta-kill for most classes, this makes it difficult for players to obtain the kills they need. This wouldn't be an issue what-so-ever if HG enabled killstreak to all users and not strictly donators but it is another benefit to being donator so I can see why it stands as a donator perk. If this rule was posted on the other hand, that would remove the killstreak issue altogether so I'm not against this one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Well, thanks for your help anyways.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sargent

Sargent RoboActive
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +135 / 7
    My pleasure, don't hesitate to contact me or any of the staff if any of these problem occur and you wish for them to be dealt with, thanks and have a nice day =)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Although, the rules may be updated soon, and some of your suggestions have been changes that may happen.

• Like Like x 1
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice