Archived Suggestion: Suggestion: New Skin.

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Drex, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drex

Drex Not so active comrade
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +55 / 1
    Please name your Suggestion/Bug Report:
    Suggestion: New Skin.

Is this a suggestion or bug report?:
    Suggestion

What does this report affect?:
    TTT Server

Please elaborate on your suggestion:
    I would like a new Skin to be added to the TTT server, the Darth Vader skin. I would like to see the skin in the more expensive area (with batman and deadpool) for around 3700-4500.

Any Additional Information?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheSmile

TheSmile Paint me like one of your French girls

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Only problems with custom skins are they add more time to the download when you're trying to get into the server.
    (Get in line cuz i want the Master Chief skin :p)
    EDIT: And most new players aren't going to want to wait a long time to join a server they've never played before

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrSrgsnowman

MrSrgsnowman The Snowman staff, I'll try not to melt :P
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 8
    Like smile said, we would add tons of new skins if we could but @Eoj Charlie seems to have found the perfect balance of download times to shop amounts ratio

4. Drex

Drex Not so active comrade
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +55 / 1
    sounds like a good plan. I do understand that most people, that are server hoping, have no patience and are just looking for a good/ok server to quickly join.

5. Microline

Microline Your Regular Skype Technician

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    I wish I had my Gordon Freeman skin D:

6. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    I like to be Freeman not Alyx or whatever D:

7. TheSmile

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    All those half life skins and micro cant have his gordon freeman XD

8. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Gordon is better than Gman sometimes D: I feel old when I play with Gman xD

9. TheSmile

Ratings:
    +309 / 44
    Gman is boring and overused

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    It was cool when it came out... but now the betting is overpowered I should say so everyone is getting the man skin... then I get kosed because of my skin -.- I think everyone on the server is racist D;

11. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    We are considering, doing the following:
    • Reset of all items, points and etc.
    • Having a monthly skin(s).
    • Removing the less popular ones for less clutter.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Great idea. I totally recommend that. It would be much easier for the server. Instead of people randomly buying skins.

13. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Although there's also a fear people will get uber pissed. So Not sure how I want to go about it. Maybe giving something special to the people who are around before the "PURGE".

14. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Agreed. Also hopefully it lowers the amount of people kosing off of skins* That really gets annoying...

15. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Well, that's just inherently what happens when you offer customization. Part of me was considering creating another TTT server that's vanilla (mostly), I'd probably call it like French Vanilla, because we'd pretty up the HUD and GUI.

16. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Hmm... creating another TTT server that's little more decorative.. that sounds good, but the HG server has the lag because of the pointshop right? I'm wondering if that could happen to the second server... I'm not really sure if the HUD and GUI would cause to much lag. I'm not to sure about it, but i like the idea.

17. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The second server wouldn't have anything other than a HUD change and GUI change. No pointshop, custom weapons or etc.

The lag is mainly because the way Gmod works, it's something I want to look into, Gmod weirdly performs on Linux servers, because Garry prefers Windows. (Most games run best on Linux servers), but because of this & the fact that HG runs Linux on our servers, sometimes leads to strange things like that. I do want to do some testing and figure out if there's anyway for further optimization but that would take a HUGE amount of work and probably wouldn't be in the cards for quite some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    I'm not sure why does some players (for some reason) like decorative servers. I love servers with great and friendly staff, and also friendly players. Some people nowadays are looking for great staff rather all the fashion and things about the server. I rather play my games without any hackers/ anyone who is trying to ruin my game.

19. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Some people just want a simple playing experience not hindered by custom models or etc to "ruin" the game.

20. Microline

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    I really hope that a fix is somehow possible. Is there anyway HG can run on Windows instead of Linux?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice