Suggestion Declined Suggestion: Spycrab fix

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Stormsplycce, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormsplycce

Stormsplycce Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +4 / 1
    Please describe your suggestion or bug report
    My suggestion is that spycrabs need a middleman. Almost every time i go to the servers, there is someone arguing about losing/winning a spycrab. If we had a middleman requirement on all spycrabs, it would be easier for all the kids who want to do it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. iTrade ™

iTrade ™ Spectacularly Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    Most of the time there is not an eligible middleman on the servers. I've had occasions where I had to wait over half an hour for an eligable middleman. If all spycrabs on harpoon would require a middleman then there would be less spycrabs on the servers because of the insufficient numbers of middlemen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Just Navlis

Just Navlis Face-Meltingly Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +50 / 3
    harpoon staff cannot focus on spycrabs only there is more things going like micspamm etc etc.
    on on top of that most staff have a irl duty for example school or job.

while i understand your thought on this imo it is simply impossible to pull off.

depending on the availablitily of the staff people would have to wait and wait.

i think staff members would rather solve an arguement between spycrabbers rather then having to focus on middlemanning spycrabs with barerly significant value and abandoning the other dutys for it.

you have to realize that staff members are humans and not machines they cant be everywhere at every given time

#3 Just Navlis, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    @Stormsplycce

Thank you for your suggestion, but making it so all spycrabs require a middleman will simply not and never work. While some spycrabs result in people arguing on who won, a staff member can easily check as to who won or lost. Even so, those instances are a result of lack of communication on the spycrabbers part (choosing first to <number> <wins/loses>). Another thing which would be a problem is staff. While we have a great staff team handling the servers and other aspects of Harpoon, adding another task to their plate such as this wouldn't be beneficial, as well as the availability of staff members when the crab is going to occur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice