Archived Suggestion: Pay To Jump

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Yogurt Parfait, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yogurt Parfait

Yogurt Parfait Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Please name your Suggestion/Bug Report:
    Pay To Jump

Is this a suggestion or bug report?:
    Suggestion

What does this report affect?:
    Harpoon Gaming (in general)

Please elaborate on your suggestion:
    I think there should be a room added on moonbase and you would have to pay a bot that is always on 1 ref and then you could teleport to a trampoline room for only 10 minutes or more. You could get a lot of income and it would be a new fun feature!

Any Additional Information?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Did you mean to say ten minutes or less?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yogurt Parfait

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    umm well i think 1 ref for 10 minutes is a bit too much so like maybe 1 ref for 15 or 20 minutes

4. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Why not make it free? Or make it a donor perk?

5. Yogurt Parfait

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    well if it were free they couldn't make money off of it and if it were a donor perk they would probably have to make donor 1.3 keys or something and they would probably make over 2 keys a day from it

6. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    I can see your point on Harpoon trying to make money, but donor already costs 1 key per month, and perms costs 16. Most regulars are willing to pay for donor each month, and sometimes tend to ogrepay in unusuals (me), which is plenty of money. I can definitely see your point here, but maybe a bit cheaper for the members' sake?

#6 Lecatzz, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  7. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    staff = free
    donors = free
    everyone else = 1 ref for 20-30mins or until they leave the server.

8. Some Porcupine

Some Porcupine Rage-Inducing Activity
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +209 / 30
    The point of harpoon isn't to make money, it's to provide an enjoyable place for people to come and enjoy themselves while they trade. If this was added, it would most likely be a donor perk or free.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Joe Approved Joe Approved x 1
  9. Lecatzz

Lecatzz Laundry Lecatzz
    Donator

Ratings:
    +376 / 27
    Exactly

10. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Wow. That's something I'd say. Except I'd say "The point of Harpoon..."

But yes, to expand upon Porcupine's point. Harpoon was founded as a fun and safe place for traders of all ages. The profitability of Harpoon is a secondary concern to me, and I would much rather add features and areas that enrichen the player experience free of cost or for donator benefit.

Thank you for the idea, it's similar to something in the works.

• Super Approved Super Approved x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Yogurt Parfait

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ok :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice