Addressed Suggestion: Minecraft Server Problem

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Scooty Puff Jr., Jul 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooty Puff Jr.

Scooty Puff Jr. Truly Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +76 / 6
    Please name your Suggestion/Bug Report:
    Minecraft Server Problem

Is this a suggestion or bug report?:
    Suggestion

What does this report affect?:
    Other

Please elaborate on your suggestion:
    Hi,

On the HG FTB MC server, I know a few things were disabled to reduce server lag (chunk loaders) but I was curious if that was also the case with the mod named Mystcraft, a mod where you can teleport to other destinations of the world instantly and can help with mob farms etc, as nothing is able to be crafted from the mod (You see the final item in the crafting menu but unable to take it out unlike the chunk loaders where you can actually make the block but they just dont work) and I was curious if this could either be fixed or turned on (depending if it was intentional or not) as it is a very useful mod.

Unsure if this is a glitch or a new addition to the mod, but the Elevator blocks now require exp to use them (more exp is used the farther you travel) and I am suggesting this be turned off in the config as bases that use elevator blocks as the major means of transportation throughout may get people stuck because they had run out of xp mid way through the tunnel.

3. Bug fix
    Items seem to disappear upon logging in such as the Mysterious Magnet from Magic Bees, every so often, it will leave my inventory and a new one will have to be crafted only for it to disappear again a few days later (even if I have never played since so there is no way it could of been dropped/misplaced)
    Any Additional Information?:
    :) Too tired to proof read. If more explanation is needed, just say so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Scooty Puff Jr., Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bottswana

Bottswana And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Staff Member Co-Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +193 / 6
    Yeah, Mystcraft is disabled. The reason for this is it allows for multiple dimensions (Nearly infinitely created) for a bunch of things. Since we have to run other servers on the same hardware I had to limit how many resources could be used up by Minecraft.

OpenBlocks was updated to make elevators cost exp, yes. I can look into the configs for an off switch as I agree, but I am unsure if there is an option to do it. If there is I will!

I have no idea why your items might be vanishing. I know we have done a few server reboots recently which can cause a loss of up to the last 2-3 minutes of mapdata. Or it might be a glitch in the mod that provides those items.

4. Scooty Puff Jr.

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +76 / 6
    Just as I thought with the Mystcraft thing, just felt weird not even being able to craft the items while you can still craft chunk loaders (even though they are disabled as well).

On the disappearing items thing, it has happened with quite a few items from different mods, but the magnet was just the most recent one and the one I was most sad about because I think I spent 3-4 hours getting nether quartz to make it. Whatever, such is life.

5. Scooty Puff Jr.

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +76 / 6
    And I guess while I have this thread up, I had another suggestion.

There have been issues with mob spawning on the server. Issues such as.... well.... no spawns. I believe AFAIK that this is caused by the Ars Magica 2 Hectates taking up all of the spawns and not despawning. With my knowledge in what I have done in Ars is that Hectates don't actually serve any real purpose and dont have any drops, so I was curious if this mob could get disabled so that normal mob spawns may happen again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice