Archived Suggestion: Hours of Staff

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by festeringMongoose, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. festeringMongoose

festeringMongoose Professional Procrastinator

Ratings:
    +45 / 7
    Please name your Suggestion/Bug Report:
    Hours of Staff

Is this a suggestion or bug report?:
    Suggestion

What does this report affect?:
    HG Staff

Please elaborate on your suggestion:
    It has occurred to me that somewhere near 12:00 am, there is a bit of a gap where all the staff are asleep, but not all Harpoon Servers are completely empty. And at these hours, there have been a couple of times where spammers, hackers, or blatant obnoxious people start to do obnoxious things. And there are no staff around to fix this. Now, I don't want the staff to have to stay up ridiculous hours just to solve an issue that only occasionally happens. But it'd be nice if there could be staff that live in areas that these hours are covered, and they don't lose too much sleep (or any if possible). However, I'm sure it's known that the servers are incredibly uneventful at these times too, and not likely there would be somebody willing to volunteer to sit in a near empty server, to solve an occasional issue. Also, if they're not that many people on the server to be bothered as a whole, maybe it isn't worth it. I'm pretty sure this issue is known by the staff, but I hoped to at least have a staff that is actively available to about 3:00 am, that's about the time servers are still active then. Anywhere after that is usually calm, and unimportant.

Any Additional Information?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 festeringMongoose, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. FlyingAnonymoose

FlyingAnonymoose Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +86 / 20
    Thank you for your input, Mongoose.

We're currently working on hiring more staff members in an attempt to get an around the clock schedule to keep our servers under control and prevent the hackers, scammers, and other problem makers out of the server at these times.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MrSrgsnowman

MrSrgsnowman The Snowman staff, I'll try not to melt :P
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 8
    Thank you for your suggestion and we're trying to work on it by hiring more staff but please remember that we're humans too that have stuff like school and work in the morning so we usually have to go to sleep rather early on weekdays. We're sorry that you have to deal with scammers/hackers/spammers etc on the servers.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    As said above, we are certainly trying to get more staff members and we are certainly trying to get more staff members across different time zones to deal with this issue.

For now, we encourage you to report the individuals on the HG forum and we'll ban them accordingly.

Thanks,
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice