Suggestion Declined Suggestion: Donator Resize and Damage

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by some goober, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. some goober

some goober Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Please describe your suggestion or bug report
    I recently donated and received the perks that come with the status.
    While screwing around with the resize feature, I noted I couldn't do damage while resized. Instead, I would take the damage. But players on the enemy team are still able to damage me.
    This was on the TF2 All-Trade server with the trade_plaza_hg (or something like that) map.

I don't like this. I suggest the following: players that are resized may not deal damage, and enemy players may not deal damage to the player that is resized.

Thank you, staff!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Approved Approved x 1
  2. Luxu

Luxu Enigmatic Being

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    The taking damage thing is generally to prevent annoyances of some kind I suppose. For example, if a resized player were to exploit in some way, or was being annoying in some kind of manner then the other team can stop them. It's also probably there because we don't want donator to have a higher status then normal players when it comes to having perks that may affect gameplay (Your idea is literally godmode). Donors are just donors, and they receive fun perks that they can play around with because they donated to Harpoon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Canadian Tuurtle

Canadian Tuurtle Activity Level: Poutine Fuelled

Ratings:
    +68 / 3
    Nailed it.

4. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    +1 This can actually work. This can be a way for donors to be friendlies on the server and not worry about anyone killing them. By that way we can have giant hoovies giving sandviches to people in the middle of the map or a hoovy hiding in the bushes. Also this idea can work with is idea https://forum.harpoongaming.com/threads/suggestion-map-extension.33584/

5. some goober

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What I'm saying is: while resized, donors will not be able to deal damage, but other players will not be able to damage them. I'm frankly sick of being attacked for no reason while resized.

6. Nicholas Concu

Nicholas Concu Unwavering

Ratings:
    +15 / 3
    Dont like getting killed, then ive got the thing for you!
    Its a little complicated so bare with me.
    Step one: Stay in spawn
    Step two:Change teams
    And there you go!
    I honeslty hate when people complain about getting killed on a trade server, if you wanted to be friendly go to an actual friendly server its not that hard. I Always have to get called out on being a '' friendly killer '' or a ''tryhard'' and it makes me so angry that people are so ignorant to just leave the server. Your idea literealy will cause many donors to miss-behave when admins arent online, imagine a god mode pyro airblasting you in a corner just for you to die from one of their team mates. Not really fun, is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Luxu

Luxu Enigmatic Being

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I mean don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to be a friendly hoovy on the battlefield giving sandviches to everyone. However, there are too many problems that come with having a godmode for a donator. I'm going to list off all of the gameplay disturbances that would happen with this.

Guarenteed
    1.) Pyro Airblast
    2.) AFKs leaving spawn door open
    3.) Preventing Heavy Boxes
    4.) Exploits
    Many Others?...

And as I said before, we don't want Donors to feel more powerful then regular players just because they donated to Harpoon for gameplay breaking perks. Like Nicholas said, just either

1.) Stay in Spawn
    2.) Change Teams
    3.) Fight Back

There are pros for a no damaging, non damaging player, but there are too many problems with it when you think about the gameplay associate with others who don't have it in the same server. I hope this makes you understand that it's just not possible...but a donor room would be nice. :woot:

#7 Luxu, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Super Approved Super Approved x 1
  8. some goober

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just saying. It's annoying to take damage, but not be allowed to give it. The suggestion can be tweaked to fix the little kinks. It doesn't have to stay as proposed.

9. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    @some goober

Thank you for your suggestion, but we are not implementing this at this time. Taking damage while being resized can be annoying, but I believe it's fine as is. There doesn't seem to be a need for this sort of functionality, given that not many people use the resize command while outside of spawn. Another thing to note is that the Sourcemod plugin itself doesn't have capabilities to prevent damage from other players, only prevent damage from the person who was resized towards others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice