Suggestion Declined Suggestion: Deleting threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Jyn, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyn

Jyn Notably Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +34 / 9
    I just discovered that there isn't a way for a user to delete their own thread, at least I couldn't find it. This thread was originally something else that I later discovered was pointless but I now can't find how to remove it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jyn, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Aquaa

Aquaa Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    I'm not sure if there is a function on XenForo for users to delete their own threads AFAIK but if you need a thread deleted you should probably contact an administrator and have them delete it at your request.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jyn

Jyn Notably Active
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +34 / 9
    Kinda sucks if there's no way to implement that, but I guess it means you can always look back in the forums history unchanged

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @Jyn,

Thank you for your suggestion, however we're not going to give regular users the ability to delete their threads. If you wish for a thread of yours to be closed, contact myself or other forum staff members.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Meh Meh x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice