Archived Suggestion: Claim Gametracker Page

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Lord Ptolemy, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    Please name your Suggestion/Bug Report:
    Claim Gametracker Page

Is this a suggestion or bug report?:
    Suggestion

What does this report affect?:
    TTT Server

Please elaborate on your suggestion:
    The TF2 servers have a stat tracking here. I think the TTT server should also have it by claiming its gametracker page here.

It will track hours on server & score. There are a few downsides to it like it only tracks names & not Steam IDs so if you change your name you're considered a completely different person.

Any Additional Information?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The page you linked for TF2 is GameMe, not Gametracker.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    I've never seen a GMod server use GameMe, so I assume it doesn't track it. Which is why I linked to the Gametracker page. Now if GameMe does track GMod servers then I suggest doing it there so all the tracking is done in one place.

*EDIT*
    Seems to be only 2 Gmod servers using it.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    GameMe does not. I'm not sure exactly what large benefits the GameTracker would offer us that we really 'want'. I assume it shows us the top ten active players?

5. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    Playtime:
    It would keep track of the playtime for everyone who joins. The in-game leaderboard only tells us the top 100 so if you're checking the playtime for anyone past that then you're out of luck.

Score:
    It keeps track of everyone's score. Not much to say.

Server's Global Rank:
    It ranks the server based on population against all other Gmod servers. Also keeps a graph of the server's population throughout the day.

Map:
    Shows the current map the server is on. It also has a pie graph showing the top 5 maps players choose..

There's a problem though and that's if you change your name then you're considered a completely new person as it doesn't track with SteamIDs. Unless you change your name often then this shouldn't be an issue.

Also the only thing claiming will do is enable the tracking & saving of the playtime & score. It's up to you whether or not it is worth it to take the server down for 5-10 minutes while you claim the page.

6. Some Porcupine

Some Porcupine Rage-Inducing Activity
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +209 / 30
    I believe that if you push like F4 or something in game it shows a lot of different stats for the game, such as activity.

7. Lord Ptolemy

Lord Ptolemy Epic Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 23
    Also I'd have to go in-game to do that. I'm talking about web based stat tracking.

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice