Accepted [Server Ban Appeal]: 76561197997473066 "DarkTFM"

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by DarkTFM, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkTFM

DarkTFM Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    | steamname: DarkTFM
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:18603669
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997473066
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DarkTFM
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197997473066

Description
    Was just recently permanently banned by Rokstar for ghosting. I was playing with 2 friends and 1 of them killed a guy for following him around. While that is maybe not acceptable, it surely isn't ghosting or worthy of a permanent ban. Not only was my friend banned but my other friend and myself were also banned. We weren't even in a third party chat program. How can you ghost without being able to talk to each other? Is it okay to ban people for being friends?

Please provide any and all evidence
    http://gyazo.com/badc928e19c37bddb2e8fa425d5b0f86

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know
    JimBeamJr and Pvamp are both my friends

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

2. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    As I mentioned in Pvamp's appeal, during his time in the server before his RDM, the comment "Just kill everyone you meet" was heard over his mic. It was reported by a number of users on the server and was confirmed by multiple staff members.

Unfortunately with that evidence, I find it hard to believe you weren't in a third party chat program. If you have evidence or comments to the contrary, or wish to clarify, please do so.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DarkTFM

DarkTFM Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How is saying "Kill everyone you meet" through the in-game mic even ghosting though? I've played on Harpoon Gaming long enough to know to not fuck around with ghosting. Harmless banter doesn't seem bad at all.

4. JEFFREYonPC

JEFFREYonPC Truly Active

Ratings:
    +9 / 5
    @DarkTFM I had witnessed what had happened and I find it to be very suspicious how that comment was made and then right after @Wintermute had rdmed @Midnight Aura .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DarkTFM

DarkTFM Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And you think permanently banning 3 people on a suspicion is just? I don't mind being banned for a duration but it should be known that ghosting isn't my style and that a permanent ban is a bit harsh.

6. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Because as it was reported to the admins, it wasn't Pvamp saying it.

Our server is strict on our rules, many play on it because it's fun to play without RDM and ghosting and etc. Permabans are standard for those that are ghosting.

7. DarkTFM

DarkTFM Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The problem here is the permanent ban based on an assumption. I am all for a fair environment without cheating but banning 3 people for ghosting with little to no proof is odd.

8. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    As I said, it was reported by multiple people that someone else was able to be heard over Pvamp's mic. As I said, I'll review the ban.

9. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    As I said, it was reported by multiple people that someone else was able to be heard over Pvamp's mic. As I said, I'll review the ban.

10. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Despite the fact of what was heard, you don't have a history of causing issues. And we've decided to be lenient in this case.

However, I do expect that you abide the rules and respect the staff. Your ban was not the consequence of revenge or bias, it was the action to protect the player base.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice