Accepted [Scammer Tag Appeal]: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058225008 "smartalext"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by smartalext, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartalext

smartalext Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data block
    | steamname: smartalext
    | steam3ID: [U:1:97959280]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:48979640
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058225008
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198058225008

Description
    I logged onto a trade server with a friend, I believe it was "Very Poor People" or something along those lines, and one of the first things I hear is someone in chat named Nimajin with a tag I didn't recognize asking someone else in the game to stop using his profile picture, which appears very basic. My friend came up with the idea to also copy the profile picture and just mention it to him, so there were 3 other people in the server in total that had his image. I don't know who the third person is, but I do know for a fact my friend wasn't reported.
    I had the image and name with a tag I've never seen before for all of 3 minutes, where then I switched it back to my own profile picture. I had not tried to trade with anyone within that timeframe, me and my friend were only trying to poke fun at someone we've never met before for being defensive about his profile picture. At the time, I had no idea who Nimajin was, or that Harpoon even existed at all, so we both had no idea we were impersonating an admin at all.
    The tag Nimajin had at the time was " ⇋HG-A⇌ ", which I figured was just any other type of group tag, and had no idea it meant he was an admin. Now, I understand the argument that the tag having an A separate from the HG might signify rank, but I had no idea what HG would signify, so it wasn't such a jump in judgement to assume HG-A is also a group somewhere.
    If you look at my previous used names, in Evidence image 1, you'll see I've never taken someone's name at all before, and I see no reason for a scammer to start on an active account 5 years into use without issue. I also haven't traded anyone for nearly a year, as seen in Evidence image 2. Evidence Image 3 also shows how me having the name lasted only 3 minutes, where, I couldn't do anything malicious within that timeframe.
    I also want to take this appeal as a time to apologize to Nimajin, it was rude of us to do that, no matter who you are, and I regret making a joke like that.

Please provide any and all evidence
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know
    I've had a clean steamrep for the past 5 years with no previous issues

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

2. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @smartalext,

We have chosen to accept your appeal and have removed your tag. In the future, please avoid performing actions that could be considered fraudulent. We understand that your actions were meant in jest, however a large portion of the community considers these types of actions fraudulent. Any future impersonation of community admins and other sorts of fraudulent behavior will result in a permanent ban.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice