Declined [ Scammer Tag Appeal]: 76561198136439425 "{☼G} TheHumanTorch"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by TheHumanTorch, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHumanTorch

TheHumanTorch Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    | steamname: {☼G} TheHumanTorch
    | steam3ID: [U:1:176173697]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:88086848
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198136439425
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Slicer2D3500
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198136439425

Description
    I as was playing tf2 like any normal day, and I met someone online named wham em (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040760162) and he was asking if he wanted to show me how to script for pyro and I said sure. willingly I download a program called logmein. it lets someone take control of your screen for a period of time and I let him so he could show me how to set up the scripts on my keyboard. I left for a marching band competition for the week and accidentally left my computer on. so Whem em used my computer and moderator power to become a fake middleman for paypal trades, with the power to control my computer and scam people, he didn't need steam guard or anything from my email only my paypal and my steam account which he got the passwords from a list I kept on my desktop. so he used my account to scam others out of their items and then quickly transported them to his account. once I realized this happened I deleted the program and everything with it. I have now changed my habits and actions, I have reset all my passwords and deleted the list of passwords and accounts on my computer, now have a pocket book in my parents safe to keep the password lists. I would appreciate it if I could be unbanned since I have regained control of my account.

Please provide any and all evidence
    Program used : https://secure.logmein.com/

Trade history : http://imgur.com/uqR6Mae

Paypal Account Hijacked : http://imgur.com/e9nyIEa

I deleted the program and its entirety (including the logs, I didn't know they were in the programs files I thought they were a cloud)

I had a list of all my passwords on my desktop (stupid of me I know) thats how they had access with my steam email and paypal.

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. TheHumanTorch

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I forgot to mention they also took money from my paypal account. (image included in the appeal)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello,

Please upload any and all screenshots related to the case directly to our forum using the "Upload a File" button.

On another note, how come you told us a different story on how wham em (WAWA at the time) obtained your account details back when this incident happened?

4. TheHumanTorch

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    this is the same story as before, I just went into more detail . Capture.PNG Captjure.PNG ertyertyertyertyy.PNG asdfgsdfgsdfgrgs.PNG

Attached Files:

5. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    When this happened, you never mentioned any pyro scripts, you told us that you and WAWA were going to make a minecraft server together and that's why you installed logmein.

So which one of the stories is it?

6. TheHumanTorch

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I made up the minecraft one, because I thought scripts were a banable offence and I lied, now I have no reason not to lie. Im sorry for having these different storys but this one is the true one.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Face-Meltingly Active

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    So you lied on an appeal?

8. TheHumanTorch

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I don't remember if It was on an appeal or if it was in mumble but yes I did lie, I was confronted and scared and I do tend to lie when i'm under pressure.

9. TheHumanTorch

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  10. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
  11. TheHumanTorch

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Attached Files:

12. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    The log for the day you've given us seems to not really show any connections. And curious, why didn't you provide this information earlier when it was requested?

13. TheHumanTorch

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I didn't follow the correct directions to find the logs, I though they were in program files and I thought I deleted them. I had thought they were located in C:\Program Files\LogMeIn I didn't realize I had to get the application again to view them

14. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Are you able to show your trade history for the entirety of when you were hijacked? You showed one page earlier, but it doesn't appear to be everything.

15. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @TheHumanTorch,

Please attach uncropped screenshots of your trade history, the screenshots needs to be taken in the steam client.

16. TheHumanTorch

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    123.PNG 1234.PNG 12345.PNG
    I didn't know how to only capture the 1 screen, sorry

17. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    After careful consideration, I've opted to decline your appeal. Despite the evidence you've provided us, there is a lack of any evidence you were hijacked. There's multiple lies and story changes have led us to doubt the validity of your claims. In addition, the LogMeIn logs you have show no connections from any users, I really have no other options than to deny your appeal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice