Accepted [ Scammer Tag Appeal]: 76561198101743654 "Breezy"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by Brxxzu, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    | steamname: Breezy
    | steam3ID: [U:1:141477926]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:70738963
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198101743654
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/breezegaming
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198101743654

Description
    It's me again. After a long wait (close to a year) I did decide I really need my scammer tag to be rid of, as, no offence, it's so ridiculous it's surprising. This could be seen as a reply to this; https://forum.harpoongaming.com/thr...es-76561198101743654-breezy.15329/#post-78959

Anywho, the reason that post was declined could be found in your conclusion as to which my post was declined.

"You attempted to garner fake rep from multiple sources and you lied about compensation for those requests. I don't believe it would be in the best interest of the community to remove your tag.
    Appeal Declined." This is what Eoj Charlie stated.

Now, I can argue against both of these and it's actually making me go high pitched to see I'm still marked.
    Now, the first part of garnering fake rep from multiple sources. I 100% admit I was in the wrong. I have said this and I'll say it again. I only wanted to decorate my profile. By the time I made these posts to gain fake rep, my profile was already quite nice and possibly a year into the TF2 community. There was no sign of me being hijacked after this 1 year, so I would I want to start scamming even though I already had a couple of unusuals at the time? Even though, I would only want it to look good.

The 2nd part, "lied about compensation". That is extremely wrong. I did say this;
    "I have checked all the groups I have recently been on. I have lightly scanned, and I have not seen anymore of my fake reputation threads. I am slightly certain there is one left and I am currently finding it."

I wanted everything in my power to make sure I got this ban removed. I went on all the main groups I remember putting this false post up, and getting rid of all the text as I couldn't manually get rid of it. When I said currently finding it, I also meant that if you found any more of mine to prove against my post, I would have gotten rid of. I think this is the end of my report.

Please take note of this next sentence. I will do anything in my power to make sure this tag is removed. If you find anything I can compensate for, I will do. But I cannot blindly do things to later sugarcoat it. You must tell me what I can do, and the only action I have done is got rid of all my posts that I found. You can ask me any question as I have nothing to hide. I'm extremely open. I am a member of the community like any of you, and have even helped 2 people make a report and even got their item back. Keep in mind if I really was a scammer, I wouldn't have taken this scammed item and gave it to the owner of it. The reason I was banned was because I was asking for fake rep.
    DaBigNoobFTW said "ake rep is considered scamming. By using this "trick" you are making yourself look more trustworthy or reputable than you actually are. Regardless of wether you believe it is considered a scam, fake rep is a markable offense on SteamRep." This was how it is bluntly but not the intention, and didn't know this was a markable offense on SR and I wouldn't have done it if it meant making a post to be declined and wait nearly a year to make another. I have waited long enough and I will explain anything. I really appreciate you reading this, thanks!

Please provide any and all evidence
    No evidence needed, apart from ones to answer your questions.

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Forgot about the miscellaneous information, please look here. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391/

It states; "First of all, to be clear: Any Steam Profile "reputation" is useless to gauge their trustworthiness.;
    and then gives several problems with it. I asked for profile reputation (no bad intent, just to decorate it.)

The only valid rep given is:
    Only trades with PayPal or other forms of Money involved. (There is no risk involved in items vs items trading, so what is the rep for then with those???)
    The trader receiving the money or items first gets the rep. ( That trader could have run, but didn't).
    Listed on the rep thread of the receiver on a trading community's forum, like SOP or UTC, or one of the many others. (I'm sorry, but I'm excluding the "steam discussion forums" that are part of steam groups, for a number of reasons)
    Please DO READ the Community's rules where the rep threads reside, there are some which are very strict in how this is handled, and their guidelines are mandatory on the respective community.

If I should be banned, it would be if I asked for reputation on my profile regarding paypal trades or none of the above. I recall only saying that I wanted "+rep good trader" or "+rep fast" If this was actually enforced, many people would be banned as you look at any guide and you will see so many people doing +rep for +reps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is it allowed to bump? I feel slightly irritated that I get a false ban that has affected me in so many way (in my judgement) only to make an appeal a year later and no one is giving me a single response even though I put effort in this appeal.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Any requesting of reputation that is not legitimate can be considered fake reputation. I understand you say it's for making your profile look nicer, but that's not really an excuse to just do something most of the community considers questionable.

5. Brxxzu

Brxxzu Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I understand. As an extremely sympathetic person, I know now that I probably did that impulsively and I could see from your perspective how it could be seen as something... shady.

6. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    After careful consideration, I've decided to reduce your tag to a Caution tag. This sort of behavior is scamming, and any future action of the sort will result in a permanent tag. We will keep the caution tag there as a warning and as information. In 2 months, assuming you have no more reports or offenses, we'll remove the caution.

Please be more mindful in the future, and avoid carrying out any instances of fraud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice