1. Hey Guest, HG's TTT server changed IP! Make sure to check out the new server at ttt.harpoon.tf or check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

Application Declined pootaro's All-Trade Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by pootaro, Mar 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pootaro

    pootaro Somewhat Active

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2018
    Messages:
    56
    Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    Steamrep Profile Block
    | steamname: pootaro | HG
    | steam3ID: [U:1:116567281]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:58283640
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076833009
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198076833009

    Which server do you wish to apply to be staff of?
    All-Trade

    What position are you applying for?
    Moderator

    How much time do you have in our servers?
    20d 07:14:49h

    Please list your schedule of when you would be on the servers, include day, time, and timezone
    Weekdays: 4pm GMT to 10pm GMT . Weekends: 'im so sorry for, this but its highly random.

    How old are you?
    13

    Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes

    Tell us why you should be a staff member
    I believe I should be accepted into the team because I care. I will care about my position and be active and do what I need to do. I'll show that I'm mature-ish. I'm now kind of not new to the community and you might of seen me warn others double posting trades, spam or even saying the "n word".
    I do apologize for being an "ass" last time (on the discord or server) but now I can prove myself that from now on I'll be mature and serve as a mod as long as I can and climb my way to head admin if i can. I love the community and I want to help out and maybe even donate or such but anyways I do feel that I hope that I can be accepted by now. (P.s, I used to be an admin in a darkRP server one, so that does mean that I had experience)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Not Offensive

    Not Offensive Scarcely Active

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2019
    Messages:
    2
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be heavily against this application and I shall explain why.

    First off you are way too immature to be admin, you have not the slightest bit of self esteem.
    When you were firstly talking about applying you already had the application written but wanted the admins confirmation to post it, so you just kept on posting the "Submit" picture in the harpoon discord over and over until I at some point bothered to give you a reply telling you that if you really need all of these people to back you up for you to have enough self esteem to post an online application then you should not even think about posting it.
    As admin you need to have enough back bone to tell people how to behave while not getting insulting towards them or breaking rules yourself.

    This leads me to the next major problem I have with you, you break rules yourself on the server. You scream into mic, you talk over people trying to advertise because you needed to whip out another one of those "catchy memes" so that the people might actually think you're funny. We had a massive discussion on the server when two people were literally micspamming and insulting people for about 1 hour straight and you simply joined them and started mic spamming and screaming as well because maybe then those people would like you. When confronted about this on the discord by multiple admins and me you were never able to really defend yourself, all we heard was "they started it, I just joined in so I shouldn't be to blame" and that you don't want to be admin anymore anyway. This would also support my first statement that you back then were in no way able to defend yourself or explain to us what even happened and why you shouldn't be to blame, all you did was shit the blame and then tell us you don't care.

    It also seems that you are way too immature to get any kind of power. Now before people come here saying "Boohoo he's only going to get mod so he doesn't have any major powers anyway´" or stuff like "He's only 13 give him a chance, he's allowed to be immature" then you might have no real point. Mods have way more than enough powers, they can mute, gag, kick, ban, slay and much more. These commands should in no way be abused and about the age problem, Harpoon states that you are allowed to apply as moderator under the age of 18 which is fine in itself but you should be mature enough to handle situations.

    A moderator that has enough powers to actively interfere with peoples gameplay should be 100% trusted to never do this if there is no need to do so. Here you have someone who joins in on people breaking the rules, then not being able to justify anything. If someone breaks the rules you need to take action and if needed you have to explain why you acted and what he did wrong, if you can't then you have no right to be admin.
    If people start flaming someone for hacking and then insult you for not taking action because you are unsure, leading to you banning him because people said so and you got stressed then you deserve to be demoted and punished if the banned person reports you and is proven not guilty.

    tl:dr I don't see how you would be fit as an admin in any way and as long as you don't change the problems I have mentioned above then you shouldn't even think about applying
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pootaro

    pootaro Somewhat Active

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2018
    Messages:
    56
    Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    Listen, Like i said i do apologize what i done in the past but now i will change soon and feel sorry for what i did....
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Not Offensive

    Not Offensive Scarcely Active

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2019
    Messages:
    2
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We played today and you did the exact same stuff as what I described above, you were screeching memes into mic and didn't stop even when asked.

    Also if you will be changing "soon" then you shouldn't apply until you actually changed.
    If you change and you are able to keep up a good behaviour and fix all the problems I mentioned above then you should at first consider applying and not while you're breaking rules post your application and then stop breaking rules while the app is being checked and afterwards go breaking rules again.

    Normally if people would check on if you deserve admin they will look at logs in the past and how you behave now. If the now is fine and the past if bad then it's obvious you're only being nice to become admin and your application should be declined.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ☁ Laz

    ☁ Laz Mildly Active

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2018
    Messages:
    29
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    The fact that this german idiot above me posted and that I am about to do the same could look like bullying, but it's not. I just kind of feel sorry for you and I'd love to help you truly change as a person, for the better. I've been young and insecure before, I've been and I still am a nerd, but I know how to defend myself, and I know when I'm wrong. You can't just go around looking idiotic and then be like "wasn't me wasn't me" (You can go around and use coaching mode though, that's okay unless Paragon appears out of nowhere and bans you). You've got to commit to what you do, even if it's wrong. And when it's wrong, you have to accept your guilt. That's the only way to mature. Right now you're not mature. I don't believe you when you say you'll change "soon". You won't change soon. It took me years to change myself and I was nowhere near your level of nerdness and immaturity. If you can't even instantly accept the fact that you were in the wrong about something as trivial as micspamming, you're not even fit to have a donor tag. You're 13, when I was 13 I was a regular on my old TF2 server and I was quiet, I wasn't even close to being fit for any administration role I could have applied for. You've got to learn about yourself. I don't like saying that, but when I see you I don't see a (potential) moderator, I see a random (sorry for that word) "retarded" player. I'm using harsh words, but I want to see you making me change my words, even if I love "bullying" you. You'll have to change for that, it could take hours if you're smart enough to get me first try, if not, it's okay, it could take weeks, months, years (most probably). I'll ask you to never give up, it's for the best, if you manage to do it here and get that moderator role, it will only be better for you irl. Anyway, imho it's better for you to give up on this application for now and focus on yourself. You've got a lot of responsibility on you to change now, it will sometimes be stressful, sometimes you won't want to do it anymore, but hard work pays off. And what is that pay-off ?

    See you next app.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jacobhd404040

    jacobhd404040 Forum-Clearing
    Staff Member Deputy Chief of Staff Universal Staff

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2015
    Messages:
    1,295
    Ratings:
    +167 / 5
    Hello @pootaro,

    Thank you for applying to be staff on Harpoon, at this time we have chosen to decline your application. We would like for you to stick around and to see you continue to grow as a person, at this time however we do not feel that you would be a good fit for staff.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

    Harpoon Gaming is a Team Fortress 2 and Garry's Mod community. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

  • Donate to Harpoon!

    Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers, including our TTT server in Garry's Mod. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

    Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice