Application Declined Midnight Aura's TTT Moderator App

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Midnight Aura, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnight Aura

Midnight Aura Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    SteamRep Profile Data:
    | steamname: Midnight Aura
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:46702437
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053670602
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198053670602

What position are you applying for?:

Where would you like to be staff?:
    TTT

How old are you?:

Do you have a mic and do you use it?:
    Yes, I do.

Do you have any previous Admin experience, if so, where and when?:
    A few previous admin experiences include a personal Minecraft server, which mostly consisted of a group of ~20 or so active persons, a group of LAN parties and events, which consisted of games such as BF:1942, Ace of Spades and more Minecraft, and a few more that I am having a hard time remembering. Not many, likely one.

What ideas or skills can you bring to the table?:
    As far as skills go, I am fairly proficient with certain computer functions, I've tried to familiarize myself with certain coding languages and server functions (note the word 'try'), and have a grasp on the game played, and at least a basic idea of how to function commands in Source games, referencing Team Fortress 2 when I played it a while back. Ideas are more my strong suit; anyone who has talked to me via Mumble or the server knows I am not an average thinker. I like to think I have a certain aptitude to be an outside-the-box thinker, while maintaining a basic, logical process to form them. I believe a more broad diversity of players, perhaps even appealing to a bilingual or multinational crowd would be a nice start, but if not going that far, a few simple additions to the server, be it ease-of-access logs to damage logs, a more efficient report system or even just a better way to get player ideas to those who can read over, think and implement them would be beneficial, even if not used.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?:
    A number of reasons; for one, I enjoy being someone people can talk to, and relay on, to fix errors that I am capable to do so. Being in the same position many other players are, and were in other games, I know the troubles of needing to call out to a Mod or Admin who may or may not be able to react to your situation right away, and I know that for every mod and admin that are on the server, the more that are able to deal with such things accordingly. That being said, HG has no shortage of staff, but not every staff member can clock 30 hours a week. They have lives, and often times they take prescience over the server. I want to be one of the people who other staff can relay on to fill the voids that are left when someone has to do something, or real life calls them away for an indefinite period of time.

How much time can you spend per-day on the servers/forums?:
    ~2-4 hours per weekday, ~3-6 per hours per weekend (day)

What things do you think the staff, or Harpoon Gaming as a whole, could improve on?:
    To be frank, and in no means ass-kissing, HG has got a lot of things right, even a few things that they can't really control. The server itself runs well from the client-side, staff is active, the community is expansive and forums are run well. There isn't an overbearing amount of downloads for new players, and the staff are approachable to the point I felt comfortable to talk to them when I first joined. There are relatively few flaw with the system in place now; there aren't mass RDMs every round, the staff are quick to fix errors and issue repremandation, while they are actually good sports in the game. Even that one time Joe tried to have good fun and I totally flipped out, he were having an honest laugh at my expense, and put everything right in the end.

As far as what could be improved, I can only point out a few things, and a few things only; the normal player-load is low to chaos high at times. If there were a more even way to regulate the player load; be it dropping the player cap from 32, or doing a few things ad-wise to make a more even player pool, that'd be ideal.

Why do you want to be a member of the Staff?:
    I want to become a more integral part of a strong community of players, where the need is most. The recent promotion of lower-level staff to higher positions have opened several positions, and being in a class of a few regulars to the server, I find it only fitting to want to return the favor for my experiences on this server by helping it remain in the fun, communicative state it was in for the first few hours that made this my go-to server for all my TTT needs.

Any miscellaneous information we should know?:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bottswana

Bottswana And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Staff Member Co-Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +193 / 6
    Thank you for applying for a staff position.
    Unfortunately at this point we have had to decline your application as you have a scammer tag on SteamRep.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice