Information Joe's Absence & Why

Discussion in 'Previous Announcements' started by Jin&Tonic, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Hello All,

I wanted to update all of you on my recent (and continuing absence).

Saturday night I had a slight pain in my abdomen, I attributed this to a stomach ache or pulled muscle and went to sleep. Sunday morning, I discovered that the pain was still there, over the following 6 hours, the pain increased and became so severe I could barely move. Following this discovery, I was taken to the hospital and over the next few hours there, I was diagnosed with an appendix that needed to be removed. Shortly thereafter, I went into emergency surgery to remove my appendix and have since spent the night in the hospital.

This morning, the nurse discovered an irregularity with my heart, they've run a series of more tests and I await those results.

I don't know what will come of this, I hope I will be home within the day, but if not, I want to assure everyone that I trust the HG staff to continue the care of our generous and loyal players. The @Staff has impressed me immensely and has risen to the challenge of filling my shoes.

I want to thank all of you for making my time at HG the among the best moments of my life. I cherish the time with our players and thoroughly enjoy doing my best to serve all of you.

I hope I will see you soon.

Thanks,
    Joe

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    • Love Love x 11
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
    • Cake Cake x 1
  2. Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +39 / 9
    Well I hope the heart thing is nothing. Come back soon!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JEFFREYonPC

JEFFREYonPC Truly Active

Ratings:
    +9 / 5
  4. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    The heart thing could be a reaction to the medication or stress related from the pre-op anxiety. Hopefully it is nothing. Get well soon Joe.

5. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Previously known as THE REAPER
    Retired Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +120 / 9
    I wish you all
    My luck to get better soon.
    @Eoj Charlie

6. HeroofWinds1

HeroofWinds1 "That Canadian"

Ratings:
    +57 / 7
    Get well soon :(

7. GAMER4287

GAMER4287 Truly Active

Ratings:
    +37 / 4
    Your a tough cookie Joe. I hope its nothing. Best of luck my friend.:)

8. Are You Sure

Are You Sure Escalfrio forced me to change this.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +61 / 8
    Get well soon, Joe! As Taser said, the heart thing is probably nothing!

9. RunningSpree

RunningSpree Southern Arab Canadian.

Ratings:
    +103 / 10
    Hope you will recover quickly. Mumble is to quiet and dull without you.

10. Sylvan Evergreen

Sylvan Evergreen How can I help?
    Staff Member Head Admin Discord Staff All-Trade Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 18
    You're awesome Joe, get well soon!

11. FlyingAnonymoose

FlyingAnonymoose Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +86 / 20
    I hope you get better soon!

12. Adrian

Adrian Potato Lover.
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +71 / 6
    I wish you the best of luck joe and if you are reading these just know dat I love u <3 (Non Homo)

13. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Walker Texas Ranger Fanatic

Ratings:
    +30 / 17
    Hope everything goes well.

14. slwpkr

slwpkr 1 Shot, 1 Kill, No Luck, All Skill
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +29 / 2
    Best wishes, I hope you are ok after all this,⇋HG⇌Forever

15. Random Stab

Random Stab A human.

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I hope you'll be back soon! Take care!

16. Tillman

Tillman Friendly Neighborhood Sloth
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +33 / 5
    Joe, I cannot remember a time when I did not come home and talk to all the amazing people I met through Harpoon. What you have started and put all of your time into has become something that has affected me and changed me. I love Harpoon Gaming, I love all of you guys, and I <3 You the most, Joe. (Homo)

17. JEFFREYonPC

JEFFREYonPC Truly Active

Ratings:
    +9 / 5
    Joe Your community has been the best community I've ever been in, but it wont be the same without you. I hope you recover from the surgery and it's complication(s). Anyways I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.(I'm Christian BTW)
    Good Luck,
    Jeffrey

18. Brunerth

Brunerth Hippie
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +200 / 21
    I have also had to have my Appendix taken out so I know how you feel there. The whole Heartbeat thing might be from the Drugs but who can say? Either way, get well soon and I hope you come back alright.

19. CheVe

CheVe Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 2
    Hope you recover Joe, best wishes.

20. FlareStar

FlareStar Truly Active
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +28 / 3
    No need to worry about anything, I pretty sure everything is fine. Why?... Cause your Joe lol. Anyways best wishes for ya

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice