Accepted Jag Scammer Appeal

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by Reisen the Lunatic, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reisen the Lunatic

Reisen the Lunatic Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    | steamname: N☆G Reisen the Lunatic Rabbit
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:35733299
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031732327
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/JodietheLunaticRabbit
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198031732327

Hello dear Harpoongaming community. I got banned around 10 months/1 year on jag because I "impersonated" Nue Alipheese. I didn't impersonate her, I was using her name and picture (both were used ones, she changed them before I used them), but that's it. I wasn't impersonating her, I was copying her name and picture. I apologised to her already and now again, I'm deeply sorry for my stupid mistakes. I never wanted to impersonate (which I never did), I hope I'll get my tag removed. My new profile is (hopefully) written by me and not copied by anyone else, if it's the case, I will change it instantly. Thank you for reading.

P.S: SilentReaper(SR) sent me here, so I'm sorry for doing any mistakes, it's my first time. (http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/jag-community-doesnt-exist-anymore.46806/)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Backseatsman

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +266 / 13
    Hello, Reisen. I will be handling your appeal. Please bear with us while we recover all the information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Backseatsman, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  3. Reisen the Lunatic

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So... It's been almost 3~ weeks, anything new?

4. Bottswana

Bottswana And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Staff Member Co-Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +193 / 6
    Apologies for the delay in this.
    We are in the process of recovering the data from the JAG forum. This should be completed soon.
    Backseatsman will then resume the handling of your appeal when the data has been restored.
    I cannot provide you with a timeframe for this at this time, but it should be soon.

Many thanks for your patience.

5. Reisen the Lunatic

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, thank you for your update.

6. Reisen the Lunatic

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    (Sorry for the double post here)
    It's been 2-3 months already without anything new, I really, really don't want to be impatient or rude but, I'd really love to get an update (or even better get my tag off), thank you for reading and (very late) merry christmas/happy new year.

7. Bottswana

Bottswana And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Staff Member Co-Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +193 / 6
    You're totally right, it has been a ridiculous amount of time.
    Thanks for reminding me, I'll have another shot at getting the JAG archive working again.

8. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Hello,

We've successfully recovered the JAG archives, please expect an answer/further inquiry by the end of the week.

Thank you, & we appreciate the patience.

9. Reisen the Lunatic

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks for your update.

10. Reisen the Lunatic

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    (Again sorry for the double post, but I'm not sure if you get Notifications from editing a post).
    It's been almost 3 weeks, is there anything new? Sorry if I seem impatient, I'm just worried admins might forget this topic.

11. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    No you're completely right, we're in the wrong. I apologize, currently there's 2 people that are able to handle JAG appeals, myself and Bottswana. We've both had irl issues, but it is unfair that you would have to wait as we deal with them. Let me talk to him today, figure out our game plan and get this processed.

12. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
  13. Reisen the Lunatic

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This was an "alt" account I used some months ago, I forgot the password and such so I decided to (after some months) get an alt acc.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/melissasbrokenheart
    I don't really use both at all.

14. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Both that account and this account have reports on them for impersonating other users. It appears you copied their names, avatars and etc.

15. Reisen the Lunatic

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure I never impersonated with these two accounts. Maybe it goes through the IP or something? (Although if it is REALLY copied, I'll change it, if it brings anything at all). The newer-ish accoutn was never used, and the old one was used if I was bored.

16. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You used the account I linked to impersonate:
    | steamname: akanye west
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:40340888
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040947504
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bakagetout
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198040947504

17. Reisen the Lunatic

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recall that person, yeah, and I admit my actions weren't the nicest, but I never completely impersonated. I admit I did copy her name/picture, but I wasn't going out saying "Hey guys I'm <thatperson>, yayz!!". I know this won't make it any better, but I just wanted to clear that out.

18. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I've reviewed the evidence and it does appear that you used her previous name. What, if any, reason did you have to use the avatar, name and profile information of multiple other players?

19. Reisen the Lunatic

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nothing at all; I just liked them, their names (atleast most) are common, and their pictures are from google, so I didn't thought that would be really impersonating because there are multiple people using that picture/name. The profile information was more of an "example", as I edited it on my own and removed some parts/edited, I'm a quite uncreative person so I was looking for some examples, and edited them on my own. (Not saying that what I did wasn't bad, as I admit I was doing wrong actions.)

20. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Alright thank you, you'll receive a response soon with a decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice