How to get rich through TF2 Trading?

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Cobalt, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Face-Meltingly Active

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    So.... I'm not the first person to ask this, but how do you get rich trading? Besides small amounts in buy low/sell high, how do you do it? I make small amounts buying low, and selling high, but it doesn't seem to work well unless you trade in multiple buds/boatloads of keys. I mainly buy taunts and genuine hams for a ref profit each. Any better ways out there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    Annnnd this is the wrong forum to post this in isn't it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RunningSpree

RunningSpree Southern Arab Canadian.

Ratings:
    +103 / 10
    I personally do unusual trading. It is risky but if you have patience you can benefit. You don't have to get 10 buds profit every trade.

4. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    Buy low/sell higher same deal with unusual trading? I'm basically trying to achieve higher profit margins than my current ~1-5 ref.

5. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    How exactly do you do that? I'm trying my hand at it, but it's taking a long time to sell.

6. Obama gon feed my chalt

Obama gon feed my chalt Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Work hard, attempt to craft hats and blue prints , and trade to the right people , for example if you know somebody who collects scout hats, make sure to craft scout hats and he will give you something you need for the scout hat. Also maybe spycrap if you are brave enough.

7. That Spu

That Spu Scarcely Active
    Donator

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Knowing the right people and when to take the right offer...
    Also don't spycrab huge or anything related to gambling

8. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    Guess its mostly just being careful

9. TH3P00PK1NG

TH3P00PK1NG Bathroom Master
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +9 / 16
    Be a nice person. Traders who are nice more likely to have repeat customers because a better attitude leaves someone willing to communicate with the trader again. Ask people who have gotten into unusuals, and they will tell you that someone who is mean and does not care you they are rude to get less trades.

10. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the great advice. This one I know is true :)

11. festeringMongoose

festeringMongoose Professional Procrastinator

Ratings:
    +45 / 7
    Be polite
    Be efficient
    Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

12. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    Polite I do, efficient I try, and I usually keep a backup plan on standby in case the deal goes sour :cool:

13. Perp703

Perp703 Face-Meltingly Active
    Staff Member Head Admin

Ratings:
    +134 / 6
    Echoing what spu said your connections are everything. I cant tell you how many times ive had a friend point out something that was a good deal of something i was looking for. Also if youre friendly to everyone people are gonna be a lot more inclined to give you a better deal and also trade with you in the future. Your reputation is everything, if people think youre a **** theyre gonna avoid you. So my best advice to you - be nice to everyone you meet, make friends, and NEVER quicksell. Quickselling is one of the worst things you can do - yeah youre getting keys but youre limiting your potential profit - its all about dat item overpay.

14. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    But then, what if you keep your unusual trades up for months and never get an offer?

15. Perp703

Perp703 Face-Meltingly Active
    Staff Member Head Admin

Ratings:
    +134 / 6
    its all about patience

16. Cobalt

Ratings:
    +52 / 7
    Months is still a long time to wait

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice