How To Get Rich In Tf2?

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by Jackerler, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Jackerler

Jackerler Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    I need some ideas on how to get rich/metal on how to make you bp rise because me bp is really low likw about 12 ref total in my bp so please make a comment on a trick that you use to get rich/metal

NOTE:
    I only have weapons

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sylvan Evergreen

Sylvan Evergreen How can I help?
    Staff Member Head Admin Discord Staff All-Trade Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 18
    Just get good deals on stuff, I once made a bud in a couple days by buying and selling killstreaks, but they aren't always easy to sell.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    My suggestion is don't get rich. Makes you a bigger target for phishers.

4. The Living End

The Living End Totally Active

Ratings:
    +86 / 49
    Don't get rich, after 3 years of playing TF2 trying to make it rich I have learnt that it is not worth trying.

5. Test

Test Hardcore

Ratings:
    +129 / 22
    Did you give up becoming "rich"because of the high difficulty of achieving it or did you succeed and then found no pleasure in such swagness?

6. The Living End

The Living End Totally Active

Ratings:
    +86 / 49
    A bit of both. On my alt (which used to be my main) I had a backpack worth many buds, but then I was so focused on getting richer I got bored with tf2 and sold all mai stuff for real money. I then got back into tf2 and tried to get rich again, which I have a moderately "rich" backpack or at least what is considered rich by most tf2 players (owning an unusual), but I just buy things I like now, no more trading to get rich for me :3

7. Brunerth

Brunerth Hippie
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +200 / 21
    I don't really try at getting rich. I just look for items I want, work my way up to them, and finally buy them. It's too much of a hassle to become rich and there really isn't that much of a reward to it in my opinion. Here's how I look at it.
    Perks to being rich:
    • You have nice stuff.
    • People respect you for having that stuff.
    Downsides to being rich:
    • You are always wanting more.
    • You are more likely to be targeted by Phishers.
    • You are always having random people beg you for free shit.
    • You eventually get bored with the game because you are too focused on trading.
    In my opinion, the downsides out way the good sides. This is why I don't want to be rich, nor have I tried very hard at it. The most I do is take the weapons I find and sell them to Scrap Bots.

8. NinjaNick

NinjaNick The one and only

Ratings:
    +36 / 2
    The time spent trying to become rich in TF2 could be spent better elsewhere. I'm not a rich trader, my backpack is only worth about $300 but I'm perfectly fine with that. Besides, once you have everything you want, you get bored.

9. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    THIS IS POOR PERSON LOGIC:
    Perks to being rich:
    • You have fan boys
    • You have nice stuff
    • You can make fun of poor people like Brunerth
    • People respect you for money (lol?)
    • I own Harpoon Gaming
    • I swim in a pool of melted icebergs
    • I have a helicopter that shoots Harpoons
    Downsides of being rich:
    • There's poor people around you.
    • You run out of things to buy.
    Clearly the pros OUTWEIGH (rich people can also spell) the cons.

On a serious note, it's less important to be rich than to be happy. Plenty of people play with their friends, admin a server or compete in matches and find their happiness there. Personally, I used trading to take up spare time and also get some profit. But overall, I used the majority of my wealth to start HG and try my best to spread happiness and awareness to the community.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Taser

Taser Ace Trainer!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +377 / 25
    Rich people can afford a better education.

• Joe Approved Joe Approved x 1
  11. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    ...And TF2 pixels.

12. Monoxide

Monoxide Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    to get rich scrap and hat bank and then buy and sell quicksell unusuals took a month and a half and i went from 2 weps to 2 aussies and a low tier unusual

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice