Application Declined Georgia O'Keeffe's Forums Moderator App

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Georgia O'Keeffe, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Georgia O'Keeffe

Georgia O'Keeffe Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data:
    | steamname: Georgia O'Keeffe
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:52856942
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065979613
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198065979613

What position are you applying for?:

Where would you like to be staff?:
    Forums

How old are you?:

Do you have a mic and do you use it?:
    Yes, I do.

Do you have any previous Admin experience, if so, where and when?:
    Not in regard to Tf2, but I have pretty extensive real life administration experience. I've been in charge of multiple groups and organizations, ranging from charity work to athletics.

What ideas or skills can you bring to the table?:
    Despite being a lunatic, I am a very strong writer and editor. I have been published in multiple journals/newspapers/magazines, and I have an excellent grasp on grammar and punctuation.

Furthermore, I feel that I would be capable of bringing more traffic to the forums, with my dastardly charming personality.

I'm also a team player, I know how to get things done, and I'm quite strong at settling disputes.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?:
    Besides my capabilities as a writer and editor, I feel that I get along with others easily. I'm very easy going and receptive to other people's thoughts and opinions. I can be firm without being heavy-handed or vindictive.

I also have gotten to know several of the HG staff and am very impressed with both the quality of people and personality exhibited here. I would like to be a part of that.

How much time can you spend per-day on the servers/forums?:
    2-3 hours a day, but I'm flexible.

What things do you think the staff, or Harpoon Gaming as a whole, could improve on?:
    Increasing traffic to the forums, definitely. It would be cool to have more faces and more people from the community getting together.

In regards to the in-game servers, it would be interesting to see a larger map for the all-trade servers. Sniping and spawn camping is simply too easy.

Why do you want to be a member of the Staff?:
    I was recently scammed out of my unusual, which I worked pretty hard for. It's not that big of a deal to me, but I was thoroughly impressed by how many people came to my aid. Eoj Charlie and Babe Ruth HG especially here at Harpoon Gaming. I would like to give back and be part of the community.

Any miscellaneous information we should know?:
    My heroes include Sugar Ray Robinson and Buddha.

Life becomes a lot easier when you learn to accept the apologies you were never offered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Georgia O'Keeffe

Georgia O'Keeffe Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "I have read the prerequisites for applying for a staff position, I understand them and believe I have met them."
    Not sure if I needed to post that, I decided to anyway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Your application is under review.

4. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    At this time, we've decided to decline your application.

We suggest you work on your activity and that you also make sure your behavior is fitting to what one would expect from a staff member.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice