Application Declined fruitsaled's All-Trade Moderator App

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by fruitsaled, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fruitsaled

fruitsaled Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    SteamRep Profile Data:
    | steamname: fruitsaled ⇋HG⇌
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:61276181
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082818091
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198082818091

What position are you applying for?

In which server would you like to be staff?
    All-Trade

How many hours do you have in our server?
    5 days 10:51:38 hours

How old are you?

What Time-Zone you live in?
    EST

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes, I do.

Do you have any previous Admin experience, if so, where and when?
    I am sorry to say i do not have any previous Admin experience. So far on Harpoon Gaming I'm only a donator. But I have to start somewhere and i think this is a great opportunity.

What ideas or skills can you bring to the table?
    Well, I'm a very friendly person and I'm good at explaining things. I also have many ideas for all trade 2. I think it was an awesome idea to put a donator room in. But, it lacks a couple things. Right now the only thing in there is the pattern thing to spin the wheel. After i cracked the code in there a long time ago there isn't much more to do. So, a couple ideas i have are: put in a donor boxing ring, put in a donor spy crab, and maybe put in another pattern to solve.(these are all things that would be put in the donor room). These are only ideas and still need lots of refining but i think they would positively benefit the Harpoon gaming community.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    I know a lot about the server. I know how it runs and the basic and essentials for what to do in this position for staff. I'm very active. I know all of the rules and have never abused glitched duped or hacked which makes me a good candidate for this position. I'm very well known and the server and loved by a lot of the community for being comedic and helpful to people which helps me progress as a good player. I'm sensible mature and don't usually swear on the server so I can enforce the rules instead of swearing at people. I would be essential for the server if I was mod as I'm always on and know how to spot a hacker and what to do in a situation if one unfolds. I also know how to tell people to do stuff such as telling someone to stop spamming and how to make them stop without just muting them every time. On top of being a donator I've donated to mass server spy crabs and if i became a mod i would happily host, donate, and promote spy crabs and other events.

How much time can you spend per-day on the servers/forums?
    I'm on between 5-8 hours on the weekdays and 7-13 hours on the weekend

What do you think the current staff is doing right?
    I think the current staff is doing a excellent job. They don't abuse there powers, they're cooperative, and generally friendly. I have met all the all trade 2 staff members and have liked them all.

What things do you think the staff, or Harpoon Gaming as a whole, could improve on?
    Although the staff members are doing a overall good job, there are some areas where they could improve. Sometimes they are not harsh enough, and sometimes they're to harsh. But like i said before, they are doing a overall marvelous job, and i think i would make an excellent edition.

Why do you want to be a member of the Staff?
    I want to become a staff member to benefit the community. Sometimes I'll be on late at night and they'll be people spamming the mic, chat, etc. If i was a moderator i would be kind and friendly and assertive when needed. Another reason i want to become a mod is because I've always looked up to the harpoon gaming staff and i want to be part of them.

Are you ready to act as middleman for events and trades?
    yes I am very trusty and responsible.

Do you have a Rep thread, if so, please link it here?

Special Notes:
    "I have read the prerequisites for applying for a staff position, I understand them and believe I have met them."

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    not really other than i love the harpoon gaming community. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bottswana

Bottswana And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Staff Member Co-Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +193 / 6
    Third time's the charm.
    Your application is being reviewed at this time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fruitsaled

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thank you man i hope i make it on!

4. fruitsaled

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    When i said all trade 2 i meant to say all trade 1

5. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    I'll be honest, so far your applications have not impressed me, they are rushed, not thought and scream "I DESPERATELY WANT TO BE AN ADMIN".

I'm not making a decision yet, however, your behavior in server and your focus more on the position/power than what it does and what it stands for does not bode well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. fruitsaled

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    just out of curiosity what do you mean by behavior on the server. I don't offend people and i don't scam.
    Is it because I'm not active enough? sorry i just didn't completely understand what you mean. Also how is my application rushed, i spent a lot of time on it, after being rejected before. And also I'm not really desperate to become a mod. I just think i would make a good mod and i could benefit the community. And, if I'm not adequate, i can still play a key role in the Harpoon gaming community. I understand that you get lots of applications and can only pick very few. I tried my best and i didn't make it. Thank you for being understanding and reviewing all 3 of my applications. best of wishes,
    Fruitsaled

7. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    There's been reports of donator abuse and ignoring requests and instruction by staff.

While you did write a nice amount, the content doesn't dig deep and isn't very reflective or detailed.

You applied like 5 times in the period of two days, you got denied and then immediately re-applied. And when you got denied, you wrote on my profile twice and spammed the chatbox.

As I said before, the decision is not made yet, but I suggest improving upon things I've mentioned.

8. fruitsaled

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    okay man, sorry for any trouble I've caused.

9. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice