Application Declined Delphox's All-Trade Administrator (18+) Application

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Delphox, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delphox

Delphox The fox with an addiction to gaming

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Steamrep Profile Block
    | steamname: Delphox
    | steam3ID: [U:1:137577520]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:68788760
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097843248
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shadowdarkrailord
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198097843248

Which server(s) do you wish to apply to be staff of?
    All-Trade

What position are you applying for?
    Administrator (18+)

How much time do you have in our servers?
    23 days 10:06:22 hours

Please list your schedule of when you would be on the servers, include day, time, and timezone
    I would be on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 6pm GMT-10pm GMT. On Tuesday I can be on from 9-10am to 10pm as it's my day off from College. Weekends are identical to Tuesday times

How old are you?

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes and I use it frequently.

Tell us why you should be a staff member
    I want to be a staff member because I want to help out the community like I used to. I want to help out the Harpoon Gaming team again but this time, I will not screw up like I did before.
    I wish to help the players that come to the servers, both old and new, giving advice if they ask for it, looking into spycrab issues (spycrab runners) etc.

I have a great deal of experience as both a Moderator and an Admin.

I have seen sometimes, a person spamming chat and either the server has no staff on or the moderator/admin on the server is afk.

I my days are pretty laid back so if I don't have college, I can watch over a server at any time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Delphox, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
  2. Sparky

Sparky Epic Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +112 / 6
    Hello @Delphox

Your application is under review.

3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Do you feel as though you've remedied and addressed these?:
    1. Ability to control your emotions: while you have said you are working on them, we haven't seen this in action, whether by activity, or timing.
    2. The way in which you left staff: upon your removal from staff, your actions were to publicly badmouth this community and its staff, and your handling of the situation and situations following was poor.
    3. Activity: Prior to yesterday, the last recorded session you had in All-Trade 3 was March 18, March 7th before that.
    4. Opinions regarding Trading, and Administration: During your time as staff, and afterward, you made comments about "hating kids" and most recently, you said that you don't believe trading with scammers should be punishable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Delphox

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Regarding my problem with controlling my emotions: Yes, I have come a long way from when I was fired. I can control my emotions a lot better now, meaning a repeat of what happened in the past is NOT going to occur again. I know I haven't really shown that but nothing really gets to me like it used to.

I know that I had talked about Harpoon in such bad taste after being fired. I honestly regret my actions and I doubt I will ever be able to forgive myself for doing something so pathetic. I have been wanting to make an apology for my actions for a while now, though I keep thinking that it wouldn't mean much due to the severity of my actions.

Concerning my activity, I have been on a little break from tf2 as the game wasn't that appealing to me. I'm trying to become a lot more active on the servers though.

Concerning the comments about 'hating kids' it's an old thing that was from a long time ago, when I was newer to tf2, I always had to deal with a lot of squeakers and children on mics. I can tolerate children on mics and in games now and it is getting easier to put up with them.
    Regarding my statement that people shouldn't be punished for trading with scammers, it's just an old mindset that I have. I know that trading with scammers is wrong but I felt that a lot of the time, people don't really check for scammer tags, at least, I haven't seen any traders doing so.

All in all, I believe I have remedied my past problems, or at least a good majority of them and I will continue working on any areas that I'd need to improve on.

5. Delphox

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    update: time on servers is now: 24 days 23:06:34 hours

6. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    Ultimately, I personally haven't seen anything that is negative in regard to points 1 and 4, not to say I've seen anything necessarily positive. More like the absence of either. As far as the 3rd point, you've been substantially more active than before.

That being said, I honestly don't feel as though I can accept your application because the second point. I don't think anything has been done to remedy that, and I don't know if I believe it would not happen again. After careful consideration by the Management Staff of Harpoon, we believe that issue is still outstanding, as well as one that can easily happen again. Due to this, we choose to decline this application. I truly recommend that if you wish to pursue staff that you work towards addressing this before applying again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice