Application Accepted Dankeusaurus Rex's All-Trade Moderator App

Discussion in 'Archived Staff Applications' started by Darkusaurus Rex, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkusaurus Rex

Darkusaurus Rex Mother of Harpoon's Special Forces

Ratings:
    +18 / 3
    SteamRep Profile Data:
    | steamname: Darkusaurus Rex ⇋HG⇌
    | steam3ID: [U:1:102740457]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:51370228
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063006185
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Darkusaurus
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198063006185

What position are you applying for?

In which server would you like to be staff?
    All-Trade

How many hours do you have in our server?
    25 days worth.

How old are you?

What Time-Zone you live in?
    CMT

Do you have a mic and do you use it?
    Yes, I do.

Do you have any previous Admin experience, if so, where and when?
    Admin experience, yes. TF2 admin experience... Not quite. I have been admin on several role play and fandom forums, along with some moderation in lesser media (Minecraft for example). This has been from several years ago to just a few months ago, various staff holdings at various times. I'd be lying if I said I knew how to do administrative stuff on TF2 however. So this will be something new.

What ideas or skills can you bring to the table?
    I'm a people person. Chill, relaxed, and I seem very well received by a lot of people who come by the server. I'm also light on Php coding. It's something, but I doubt it'd be of any benefit. I work with computer hardware as well so advice on server quality or management is available. I bring to the table what some of you could possibly bring out of me.

Why do you think you would be a good staff member?
    I suppose I could say that I have past experience as a staff member on other medias, and are mature enough to face responsibility as an adult. I am not a complete jackass who ruins people's days, that's for sure.

How much time can you spend per-day on the servers/forums?
    Servers: 5-8 Hours a day. Depends on the day. My forum activity jumps here and there but I check the forums often enough.

What do you think the current staff is doing right?
    They spread themselves out fairly well. I'm not talking just about when they can be on the servers, I'm also referring to their skills as a group. Each one covers, from what I seen, a unique set of skills they are rather good at doing. Some seem more keen on holding events, others know how to manage the servers, and still some are really good with trading advice. That is what's they are doing right.

What things do you think the staff, or Harpoon Gaming as a whole, could improve on?
    I have no real issue to complain about, as this place is the most solid server I have ever seen in my trading career (bias aside, as it was also my first way back in the day). I will say, however, that communication is key. The staff does a good job with it for the most part, but it seems like sometimes they are on different levels with issues and don't inform one another.

Why do you want to be a member of the Staff?
    I have been asked of it, and I have thought of it for a while now. Having said that I think the experience can be a learning one. Besides I always jump at the chance to help people. I like that gratification. I also feel like I owe something to Joe. My time mostly.

Are you ready to act as middleman for events and trades?
    Yes.

Do you have a Rep thread, if so, please link it here?
    N/A

Special Notes:
    "I have read the prerequisites for applying for a staff position, I understand them and believe I have met them."

Any miscellaneous information we should know?
    I've been an avid member for a few years, not counting the absence period I took between a few years. I've waited this long to try? Mayhaps. I think it took a little more motivation for me I suppose. Wish me good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Accepted, welcome to staff.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice