Creepy Experiences

Discussion in 'General / Off-Topic' started by ⇋AustinHimself⇌, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

⇋AustinHimself⇌ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    So I decided to post this to share a genuinely terrifying experience with you all and to hopefully start a discussion about each other's encounters with something that had creeped you out. Paranormal or not.

When I was around 9 years old, my family moved from our small one bedroom home to a very old 4 bedroom house. What made this house different from all the rest is that it included a ballroom almost the size of an extra house, a summer house in the back yard, and a metal gazebo sitting in the middle of it all. The house definitely had some history to it and it's fair share of things moving on it's own, voices to be heard, and things to be seen out of the corner of your eye, but this story isn't going to touch on whatever paranormal entities lived in the home.

I remember the ballroom distinctively. It was attached to the dining room by a set of double doors opening to a breezeway. Black and white tiled floors lined perfectly like a military cemetery until reaching a set of stairs where the rest of the floor was lined with an ugly yellow carpet. Glass chandeliers hung above our heads, but quite low to the floor. To the left of the entrance there was a set of stairs leading to a small basement. I guess it was once used as a bar for the previous owners parties. Standing down there in absolute silence would enable you to hear the sound of running water under the floor.

Despite being the only people in town to be fortunate enough to own a ballroom, we never really used it. It would just sit there untouched. After living in the house for a few years, we noticed a few odd things began to happen in this closed wing of the house. In the silence of the night, my father was awoken by talking and footsteps coming from the downstairs kitchen. The steps were slow and heavy and the voice sounded like a man incoherently babbling to himself. My father personally believed the house was haunted and didn't think much of it and would go downstairs only to find nothing to be seen or heard. Lights would frequently appear to be turned on overnight as we ventured downstairs the next morning to discover. This was all very creepy for a young child like me, but being brought up by a family of believers it became just an everyday thing for me.

On a Saturday in 2009 at around 4 am, my father had to wake up early to catch a flight to Chicago to attend a business conference. To his dismay, he had accidently slept in past his alarm and didn't have time to shower. He threw on a set of business casual clothing and grabbed his travel bags and crept downstairs as not to wake any of us up. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he noticed that the ballroom doors had been opened and a small light was illuminating the back wall of the kitchen. He assumed that myself of my brother were just getting a late night snack and the door didn't cross his mind as abnormal because of his belief that the house was haunted.

My father turned his head into the kitchen as if to say, "Wish me a safe trip and I'll be back in a week." Before he could finish his sentence, a 6ft very startled man stoop up straight and jolted back from the fridge while screaming. He had long, matted grey hair that matched a grey unkempt beard. He was wearing an extremely worn Cincinati Reds jersey that had once belonged to my father, but went missing years ago, muddy blue jeans, and no shoes. The man closed the refrigerator door and ran at my father full force, knocking him to the floor, as he scurried to the ballroom. A few seconds later as my father stood up, he heard a window shatter and the man had fled. At this point everyone in the house had woken up and ventured downstairs reluctantly. My father was already on the phone with the police explaining the situation.

The police arrived immediately and begun an active investigation. They asked my father questions and pondered how an intruder could of possibly gotten into our home. My father pointed their suspicion to the ballroom and they began searching for clues. After looking around the ballroom from head to toe, they made a shocking discovery in the basement. Under the staircase leading to the basement of the ballroom always sat a small boiler room which was so small you would have to crouch to enter. Under a loose piece of carpet sat a trap door. Police cautiously ventured through the small portal. They climbed down an old latter to be met with the foundation of the ballroom lifted by support beams. It was a tight squeeze, but it could be possible for some to secretly live down here without anyones knowledge. The first thing the officers noticed wad the putrid smell of body odor. Upon further looking, they had found food wrappers,that had vanished from our kitchen over the years, along with old blankets and a pair of clothes. It was clear to them that someone had been living in our house for the past few years without our knowledge. Something police had not found was human waste. A few feet over from where they first made their decent, they found another portal on the side of the wall which lead to my front yard. The door on the side of the ballroom was inconspicuous and we never noticed it when we moved in years back. Not only was this man living here for years, but he could of been coming and going for several years. This also meant that he could always find a way back in.

Without hesitation, we sealed off the hidden door from the inside and everything was quite for the last few years we spent at the house. The man was honestly never found. We were so traumatized from the experience that we moved and implemented a security system. As I'm writing these words, the house sits abandoned. Always think twice when you see things start to go missing or hear things in the night. It could be some creepy homeless guy stealing your peaches and cream.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 ⇋AustinHimself⇌, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  2. daddy kink

daddy kink Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    People living in your house that you don't know about is my worst fear, lol
    I live off of paranormal encounters, and love scary stories. I even have one of my own:

A couple years back I was super into ghost hunting, I was inspired by TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society.) A lot of people don't believe in ghosts, and told me the equipment was a waste of money. Where I live, there are lot's of abandoned factories and mills. I liked to explore them, and one day decided to go alone to one at night, and do a 4 hour investigation. (you had to sneak under a fence and through a hole in a wall to get in.) I set up a control center in the lobby of the factory, where I had unused equipment, empty batteries, and food/water. When I actually started to explore, I brought with me my K-II Meter Used for detecting electro magnetic fields (It's believed spirits produce these when they are near), an EVP detector, (voice recorder) EVP's help you hear if a ghost/spirit is "talking" to you, by picking up frequencies that our hears have a hard time reading. I also had my night vision camera, and a laser pen used for catching shadows. (Not the admin, lol) I wasn't fully decked out, and only had a $50ish set at that time. I also set up a walmart motion sensor that made a super loud noise when it detects large movement back at the Control center. When I started I didn't even know if it was haunted, but there were many deaths of workers from the old machines, so I thought something might be there. (I also had a flashlight, of course)
    I started off by going to the top floor of the factory, where the catwalks and some of the machines were. I found a comfy place to sit, and started recording. (I have since broke my voice recorder, and lost the video recorder, so I don't have the original files of any of the 10ish investigations I did, although this was the only one I actually might have captured a ghost on recording) Anyways, I had the k2 sitting next to me, with no sign of spikes, or anything past green. I had the laser grid pointed at the wall in front of me, to see if I could capture any apparitions. I did what the usual EVP session consists of, asking yes or no questions, asking if anyone was there, ect. After about an hour, I got nothing, so I decided to go somewhere else.
    A couple seconds after I stopped recording, I heard the stupidly loud motion sensor go off downstairs. Once I got in range, I shut it off using the remote control it had. Nothing seemed to have moved, and everything was in place. I was ready to debunk it as an animal, but decided to do a quick session to see if there was something there.I asked the usual questions, but wasn't sure if I had gotten any responses, since I had to wait to review the footage. I decided to keep the alarm off, because the factory was right in the middle of a residential area, and I didn't want to draw any attention to myself.
    I wanted to go to where the old machines used to be, to see if I could get any responses from there. Once I got set up, I asked jokingly, "Did any of you set off the alarm?" Literally seconds later, the alarm (Which I turned off!) started blaring again. Once I got to it, it wouldn't stop no matter what I did, so I had to take the batteries out.
    I was still a kid, and this freaked me out waaaay too much to stay there another 2 hours, so I called my dad, and told him I wasn't going to stay until 2, and that I wanted to get picked up immediately. (P.S. My parents DID know what I was doing, I'm a smart kid and had proven myself many times to be able to go off on my own, and stay safe, since I've been exploring these factories since I was 10, and I was old enough to be out by myself. It's a rare bond of trust that most kids sadly don't get to share with their parents, but that might be for the better with some people.)
    I was picked up a little past 10, and told him what I encountered. My dad doesn't really believe in ghosts, so he said it probably malfunctioned or something, he seemed a little amused by how shaken I was.
    Once I got home, I imported the audio and video footage, nothing notable happened on video, but the audio is where it got interesting.
    I found that right before the alarm went off the first time, there was a loud clanging, that I swear I didn't hear. At the same time in the video, I didn't react to any noise, so I know I didn't hear it. The only other notable audio clip was once I took the batteries out of the alarm, the Audio recorder seemed to have picked up a very slight laughing/giggling noise, that sounded like it was from an older man.
    Needless to say, I was 100000% positive that there was a real ghost that I interacted in. I told everyone at school the next week, and 90% of them believed me when I showed them the audio and video. It spread around the school quickly, and that factory was soon known to be 100% haunted. A lot of people went there at night to try and get scared, some saying nothing happened, while others practically shitting themselves recalling how "they saw a spooky ghost off in the distance" or something.
    Now that I look back, early high schoolers probably weren't the most reliable source, and there are many ways the events could have been coincidences, but either way, I became "The kid that hunts ghosts" and managed to convince almost an entire school an old factory was haunted.
    Whether or not I really did encounter a ghost, it freaked the hell out of me, and I feel it belongs in this thread.

P.S. Here's a link to TAPS stuff: http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/
    https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Hunting-Unexplained-Phenomena-Paranormal/dp/1416541136
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/se...d=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP2246&k_clickid=3x2246

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    Man that's creepy. There's always been something slurring about old abandoned buildings. What kind of history do they hold within the walls? Who once lived/worked there? Why did they leave? Who knows. As for the EVP you captured as the alarm rang sounds like pretty solid evidence to me. I played around a few times with digital recorders, but never picked up anything noteworthy or abnormal. However, after picking up a spirit box I've experienced some interesting and intelligent responses that I cannot seem to debunk. The most noteworthy thing I've captured was during a night with my family. We decided to fiddle with the spirit box out of skepticism and we each took turns asking it questions. We didn't really hear any responses or answers to the questions we asked, but when my grandmother asked the question, "Pappy, where are you?" Pappy was her deceased husband. Clear as day a voice manifested through the device and said, "Still living." She proceeded to ask how he was still alive and the same voice responded, "With Christ." I'm not very religious and I'm sure this forum isn't the kind of place to discuss religion, but nevertheless I had received an authentic, intelligent, and hard to debunk reply from a spirit.

4. Reggie

Reggie Please, say it more clearly
    Staff Member Deputy Head Admin Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    my creepy experience was when I watched that spooky skeleton video. that gave me the spooks

5. Soldier™

Soldier™ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    My creepy experience is when I saw the price of keys go up to 30 ref :p

6. Reggie

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    the even creepier thing within the tf2 economy is when buds dropped in price drastically and literally everyone had them in their backpack.

7. ⇋AustinHimself⇌

Ratings:
    +14 / 3
    you have entered the BONE ZONE

8. Reggie

Ratings:
    +89 / 10
    SPOOKY SPOOKY SKELETON

9. Soldier™

Soldier™ Unwavering

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Spooky scary skeletons**

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice