Can't add servers to my favorites - TF2

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Milk, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    Recently, I haven't been able to add servers to my favorites, and also, all the servers that were on my favorites list have disappeared. I've tried adding the IP, but it won't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death Somewhat Active

Ratings:
    +6 / 3
    Click Servers, Click Favorites, Click add a server, Paste IP, Click Add server to favorites.

Get server Ip by rick clicking on server name and clicking view info or copy and pasting from website

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    I've tried that, it won't work.

4. Dr. Death

Ratings:
    +6 / 3
    Right click steam icon in task bar, Click library, Right click TF2, Click Properties, Click Local Files, Click Verify game cache integrity.

5. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    What will this do, exactly?

6. Dr. Death

Ratings:
    +6 / 3
    It will rescan all of tf2 looking for missing or invalid files

7. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    Will it erase my items, or something like that as well?

8. Dr. Death

Ratings:
    +6 / 3
    If these options do not work i will have to stop suggestion as other options involve things that if you do wrong will do more harm then good so goodluck on that option.

9. Dr. Death

Ratings:
    +6 / 3
    If you click delete local content you have to re install game other verifying the integrity will just scan and try to fix

(DO NOT CLICK DELETE LOCAL CONTENT)

10. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    It's taking quite some time to verify it...

11. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    Also, I just finished verifying it, it didn't help...

12. Agniratha

Agniratha Time to tip the scales!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +415 / 37
    add the following iP's to your favourites

alltrade.harpoon.tf
    alltrade2.harpoon.tf
    prophunt.harpoon.tf
    events.harpoon.tf

They are all of our TF2 servers.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Milk

Milk Totally Active

Ratings:
    +113 / 7
    The thing is, I can't add IPs

14. Agniratha

Agniratha Time to tip the scales!
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +415 / 37
    upload_2014-11-9_18-7-22.png Go to your server tab in steam. Add a server. Put the iP in the box. Add this address to favorites

15. Dr. Death

Ratings:
    +6 / 3
    i already told him that stuff did you read the fourms bro?

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice