Accepted [All-Trade 3 Server Ban Appeal]: 76561198880134811 (Zealous)

Discussion in 'Server Appeals Archive' started by Drago, Jan 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drago

Drago Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your Steam Name
    Zealous

Your SteamID 64

Server
    All-Trade 3

Why were you banned?
    Skrrr Skrr I shooot, pOOw, ur dead, 360 24/7 aimbot let's gooo

Why should Harpoon grant your appeal?
    I don't care if my alt's alt will get unbanned or not, I don't care if my main account will suffer any sort of punishment from this.

I have never seen stuff any worse than this. I have been on servers where admins healed obvious spinbotters, called me "gay american biowaste" and then continued to permaban me. But that is ok, they are small communities where the owners don't really care what the admins are up to.
    In this case, however, the situation flips by 180°: A big, (sort of) well established community with several servers, where there usually is a certain ruleset by which players have to behave and admins can ban by.

Having these admins tell us not to literally taunt, use our weapons as weaponspam (I am well aware of the rule regarding """"weaponspamming"""", but it not only barely makes any sense as any reasonable VideoGamer has their volume well adjusted, but also because it is so poorly explained what "weaponspamming is", that admins can easily warn or kick players for essentially just playing the game) or just straight up proving to be hypocritical by deeming any and every sound as spam, whilest spamming funiny "sm_play unboxing something command", trigger loud rockets on players or just straightup explode them via timebomb.

This not only allows them to have a wide range of "reasons" to punish players by, but also lets them vaguely allow whatever the hell they want to allow, seeing how there was a massive "kaboom" taunt spamfest / medic oktoberfest, which got approved by the admins. Or maybe not. They didn't get slain, though, which essentially counts as such.

Whoever criticized them or pointed out their hypocritisy got the typical reply of "we r admins, u go by our rules, if all of the players are having fun except me because I cannot adjust my sound settings, then they shouldn't have fun". As an admin you are supposed to enforce rules, but throwing half a hissy fit because people kABOOOM on your team is, like, really emberassing. I have 4 years of admin experience, I know how I enforced rules, I know how other mature admins enforced rules as well. This has not been the case here. Also, this is like, a videogame, you are a walmart cop for a videogame server, you probably shouldn't take yourself too serious@WalmartHarpoon Cops.

And then I ban-evaded by going on my alt his alt's alt. You guys should use IP bans, you know. Anyway, from there on going, I just played the game. I shot people, missed a reasonable amount of times, dominated Poopyeye, and then had some banter with my friends in voice. Wait, he is adding me, gotta acce- "You've been banned, u pro". Oof, okay, didn't communicate with me at all, or checked my aiming for more than 20 seconds, but that is OK, I guess. Shadowplay is really cool, whereas it records your gameplay and your cheatingmenu, if you have one. Except, I kind of didn't. I will add a streamable link, which proves that I was legit, and wrecking havoc upon your poor players.

Anyway, what I am going on about is: I have never seen staff so stubborn, immature and unwilling. And I have seen myself as admin. Kicking players for shooting their VideoGamer gun or pOOTis PoW hHAhA isn't really your job, unless we are hosting a competitive lobby for players with sensitive ears now.
    popeye hella miffed because he got destroyed lmao

https://streamable.com/5jzz3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Drago, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. zealous

zealous Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Harpoon is my city

3. ☁ Laz

☁ Laz Mildly Active

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    SteamID 64 : 76561198879419212
    Previous ban was a perma game ban on csgo due to multiple trolling instances if you're curious about it.
    I joined to have fun on your server, I just end up leaving without even wanting to, permaban right in the face. I missed shots too, @Popeyes knows what I'm talking about. I'd like to see the review for it. Thanks a lot x')

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nimajin

Nimajin Eoj's Own
    Advisor Universal Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +475 / 23
    Hello @Drago,

Firstly I'd like to apologize for how this entire situation was handled. The admin who banned you was on edge and banned you when they shouldn't have. It was likely a situation where they saw very new accounts play very well and assumed you were cheating. The ban for ban-evasion should've never happened as the original ban for cheating was incorrect.

I have removed all bans from the 2 following accounts: 76561198880134811 & 76561198879419212

We have no rules that state that you can't taunt after killing someone, regardless of whether they're an admin or not. If you ever find admins using commands on you because you killed them or taunted after you killed them, I'd recommend filing a complaint here: https://forum.harpoongaming.com/abusereports/

The weapon spamming rule is an old rule that was a result of people intentionally trying to annoy other people. It is by no means meant to take away your ability to shoot or taunt as you'd like. We will likely be removing this from the board as it should only ever really be enforced in few scenarios where people are intentionally trying to annoy others.

On another note; Please stop targeting Popeyes, he wasn't the one who banned or called the shots to ban you.

Once again, I apologize for how this went down and have removed bans from all accounts involved.

@Drago & @☁ Laz: While you can obviously play on whatever accounts you want, I'd recommend not playing on newly made accounts if you're planning on sniping. Horus shouldn't be the sole factor for determining whether someone is hacking, but a vast majority of times hackers will join on new accounts with no hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice